Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-13-2020, 04:22 PM -
I saw some good things and some not-so-good things.

Bridgewater really impressed me, and I was glad to see a quarterback in a Panthers Uniform that understands what "Check-down" means.  He had a couple of overthrows and a couple of "almost" interceptions, but overall, considering it being his first game as a Panther and having exactly zero preseason games under his belt, I thought he looked good.  There is always room for improvement, but that goes the same for everyone.

Even CMC looked gassed by the third quarter, and we really didn't use him that much in the first half, not like last season.

We have poor run Defense and not much speed or anything else on the secondary.  Where was Jackson? Did he not play, or have I been paying so little attention that we cut him or traded him or sent him to the moon and I didn't know it?

Pharoah Cooper is just waiting to take one to the bank.  Write that down.

I applaud the team by the seven or eight lead changes (except for that last one, it was a killer).  Glad to see the team actually try to make a comeback.

But... what the unearthly hell was that last call?  Seriously?  The defense has stacked the line, and we try to run it up their gut on 4th and 1 with CMC on the outside wide open?

I don't get it.

At this point, I feel we should be a bit better than #31 on the Power Rankings Chart, though.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on Game 1 - Loss vs Raiders - by PantherFan007 - 09-13-2020, 04:22 PM