Thoughts on Game 1 - Loss vs Raiders
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Jimbo-Diddly

7 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2020
09-14-2020, 12:44 PM -
(09-14-2020, 07:16 AM)coffee Wrote: I'm sticking with the two-year plan viewpoint.  I've decided to spend game-time rooting like I think they're going to the Super Bowl, but then take all losses as one draft spot closer to the completed rebuild.

1. I was actually shocked at the lack of sloppiness.  I did not expect this game to be close.  (Though it would've been much closer to a blowout if not for the horrible coverage on the Robby Anderson TD.)
2. I hate, hate , hate the fake crowd noise. It was just wrong, cheering when nothing happened or when bad things happened, etc.  I would much rather it be quiet.
3. This team simply has no identity yet.  I don't think that's anyone's fault, but right now it feels like watching the 4th preseason game.
4. Overall, I thought they played much better than expected.  I think we'll see this D abused much worse before it gets better, but it looks like we're further along in getting it fixed than I had thought.

fake crowd noise makes no sense to me unless they're allowed to play it loud enough to distract the visiting teams offense.  but the Vikings-Packers game?  they played ambient stadium noise when Aaron Rodgers was up.  Other than doing everything they could to make Rodgers comfortable and cozy, what other point did that serve??  I much preferred the Saints-Bucs game, where you could hear the players shouting different stuff on both sides of the ball.  added a whole new element to watching.

And this is by far the worst defense Teddy has played with.  and that's not a knock on the Panthers, but he's played with Top 5 Top 10 defenses his whole career, so ran his offense accordingly.  I kind of like Teddy being thrown in the deep end like this, where he's going to need to score 30+ to win, where before it was more about making key plays at key moments (which he always came thru on).   but it's going to take until October probably before Teddy really gets into a groove and plays at his normal level.  and while i still can't get a read on this offensive line, he has the weapons around him.  while Michael Thomas is a unique kind of player, the Panthers receivers as a unit are much better than the Saints had last year, and I always felt Alvin Kamara was the discount version of McCaffrey.  and i'm guessing this is exactly what Brady and Rhule were thinking too when picturing Teddy here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on Game 1 - Loss vs Raiders - by Jimbo-Diddly - 09-14-2020, 12:44 PM