Deshaun Watson
Started by coffee

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-17-2021, 06:02 PM -
Yes, I know there would be a million things to overcome, but I still have to ask if anyone has thoughts about it.

I don't know what his contract is, what he'd expect to make, etc. etc. etc.  I know we'd have to do a ton of work to make the money work out.  I also know you can always make the money work out if you want something bad enough.  Multiple GMs and previous GMs have said that repeatedly in interviews.  Here are a few of the things that make me wonder if we'd try to get him:

1. He apparently wants out of Houston BAD.  He was awesome this year.  Thus he'd be an awesome QB gotten for at least somewhat of a bargain price.  

2. Houston should have a HIGH pick because of a terrible year, but they don't.  They gave it away to Miami.  In fact, they don't pick until the 3rd round.  We have a pick high enough to get a potentially good QB.

3. A trade with us would get DW out of their conference.

4.  We have a brand new GM who would love to make an early impact on our team.  Looking at our needs, what position do you think he'll be targeting to accomplish that?

5. Deshaun would get to come to a team with a great receiving crew and that was one winning drive away from tons of wins this year, even without their best player.  

OK, tear it apart.

Messages In This Thread
Deshaun Watson - by coffee - 01-17-2021, 06:02 PM
RE: Deshaun Watson - by PantherFan007 - 01-18-2021, 09:22 PM
RE: Deshaun Watson - by coffee - 01-19-2021, 07:39 AM
RE: Deshaun Watson - by PantherFan007 - 01-19-2021, 12:35 PM
RE: Deshaun Watson - by Firstchance - 01-19-2021, 06:39 PM