Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-16-2021, 08:54 AM -
I figured this is what was going to happen.  Yep, it's business, but I feel bad for PJ Walker.  The kid has done everything that has been asked of him.

https://www.panthers.com/news/notebook-c...n-practice

CHARLOTTE — While Panthers head coach Matt Rhule has tried to keep things as level as possible, he acknowledged Monday the likelihood that quarterback Cam Newton will have a bigger role this week.

Rhule said that Newton would take most of the reps in practice, and if he's comfortable with enough of the playbook and plans, he'd have a chance to play more or start against the Washington Football Team.

P.J. Walker started Sunday since Newton only had one full practice to prepare, and Rhule said there was a package of 10 to 15 plays Newton was comfortable with going into the Cardinals game. He was obviously pretty comfortable with those, since he scored touchdowns on the first two snaps he was on the field.

"We'll give Cam most of the reps and try to get him as brought up to speed as possible," Rhule said. "I thought he did a great job last week having 10 plays he was kind of ready for, 10 to 15.

"So we'll start getting him ready, and if he's ready to start, great. And if he's not quite ready to do everything, obviously P.J. is available. So that's kind of the plan right now."

After putting in a fast package of plays, they'll obviously need to expand that in practice this week, work that began on Monday.

"So we'll do the best we can, and see where we are later in the week," Rhule said. "But he will get most of the reps."
This post was last modified: 11-19-2021, 06:23 AM by PantherFan007.

Messages In This Thread
CAM NEWTON TO START VS WFT - by PantherFan007 - 11-16-2021, 08:54 AM
RE: CAM NEWTON TO START VS WFT - by Hobbit99 - 11-19-2021, 02:29 PM
RE: CAM NEWTON TO START VS WFT - by PantherFan007 - 11-19-2021, 03:04 PM
RE: CAM NEWTON TO START VS WFT - by Hobbit99 - 11-19-2021, 05:10 PM