Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-31-2021, 03:42 AM -
(12-30-2021, 10:49 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I’d love Darnold to ball this week.  We will see.  D is ready when healthy.  O is missing protection (all 5, I know the star).  Great ol helps the qb so much.  Running game too.  There’s not a qb out there (even in fantasy land) that could b successful last game for us.  We gotta improve 3-4 ol, a dt/2, n a couple of lbs.  s/te also.  do like tremble!

LINEMAN!

We have good depth, but we need difference makers!

Yes... But so does EVERY TEAM.!! The NFL is built for parity. Thirty two teams with evenly matched talent. It gets that way because of the way the draft works and because of the salary cap.  Look at the team records. There is one team at 12-3 (Packers..), three four teams at 11-4 (Chiefs, Bucs, Rams, Cowboys..)....;  Most of the rest are clustered in the middle with 6, 7, 8 wins or less (like the Panthers..). There are currently twenty-one teams with 8 wins or less.!! Sure, there are a few (6 teams..) with 9 or 10 wins, but by FAR the most teams are clustered with 8 wins or less.  SO... eleven (11..) teams with 9 or more wins and twenty-one (21..) teams with 8 wins or less.  Of the eleven teams with 9 or more wins, six teams are in the AFC and five are in the NFC.  Pretty evenly balanced I would say.

We (Panthers fans..) are upset because of how our team is playing (not winning everything..). But REALLY... we are just one team amongst many.!!  I don't ever remember a season with so many teams clustered around mediocre/poor records.  Very, VERY strange year.!!

(12-31-2021, 03:42 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 10:49 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I’d love Darnold to ball this week.  We will see.  D is ready when healthy.  O is missing protection (all 5, I know the star).  Great ol helps the qb so much.  Running game too.  There’s not a qb out there (even in fantasy land) that could b successful last game for us.  We gotta improve 3-4 ol, a dt/2, n a couple of lbs.  s/te also.  do like tremble!

LINEMAN!

We have good depth, but we need difference makers!

Yes... But so does EVERY TEAM.!! The NFL is built for parity. Thirty two teams with evenly matched talent. It gets that way because of the way the draft works and because of the salary cap.  Look at the team records. There is one team at 12-3 (Packers..), three four teams at 11-4 (Chiefs, Bucs, Rams, Cowboys..)....;  Most of the rest are clustered in the middle with 6, 7, 8 wins or less (like the Panthers..). There are currently twenty-one teams with 8 wins or less.!! Sure, there are a few (6 teams..) with 9 or 10 wins, but by FAR the most teams are clustered with 8 wins or less.  SO... eleven (11..) teams with 9 or more wins and twenty-one (21..) teams with 8 wins or less.  Of the eleven teams with 9 or more wins, six teams are in the AFC and five are in the NFC.  Pretty evenly balanced I would say.

We (Panthers fans..) are upset because of how our team is playing (not winning everything..). But REALLY... we are just one team amongst many.!!  I don't ever remember a season with so many teams clustered around mediocre/poor records.  Very, VERY strange year.!!

Yes, Josh... I would LOVE Sam to come out strong this week. He has a quick release and a strong, 'live' arm.  I know no-one has asked my opinion, but I still think that Darnold has the talent to be a very good QB.  With a little team support, and decent coaching and play-calling, Sam will be just fine.
Here's the problem. Sam had very poor support with the Jets. We brought him here planning on giving him what he needed... FAIL.!!  Fbmad Fbcry
It's not Darnold's fault we can't put together an offense. Look at the reality.... Sam has played in ....what??....parts of nine/ten  games for the Panthers.??  Now all of the fans are ready to fire him, after nine games.!!!  Really.?? Can we expect him (or ANY QB..) to come in to a New team, NEW coaches, New system, learn everything and pull us out of the fire in NINE (9..) games. !!! ????  It's not realistic....AND it's not fair to Darnold.
This post was last modified: 12-31-2021, 04:12 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just….. The Carolina Panthers Select: - by Hobbit99 - 12-31-2021, 03:42 AM