Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-11-2022, 12:25 PM -
(01-09-2022, 08:39 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Outside of Malik Willis there is no QB I like in this draft and Malik is a mid second rounder, imo. This team and organization is still in a total rebuild and the past two years have not help one bit. Still three years away. Start by trading CM he deserves to play for a winner and still has some value but not as much when I suggested this last year. Then simply build from the trenches, your just too far away from competing. Harsh I know but truth.

Hey First... You know, sometimes it's really hard to tell about individual talent. QB play is no different. I commented elsewhere on the forum about QB draft guys. There are only a few QBs that I would rate as potential talent in their first couple of years after being drafted. We don't need another QB who is going to take years to develop. The PROBLEM is.... this draft has a real dearth of talent at the QB position. Not a good year to draft a QB. Unlike in recent years where QBs were stacked up in the top ten, THIS year there is a very real possibility that the first QB off the board will be below #10 and maybe only two in the whole first round. Depends on who needs a QB and wants to take a flier on one with less than stellar attributes, or play against top line teams. Of the top four QBs listed on most big boards, I find them ALL to be suspect mostly because of their opponents. None of them were in a power schedule....so, none have a real solid 'report card' to represent them.

Personally, I wouldn't draft any of them above #15....and I would be hesitant to do that. I think Matt Corral is the most agile and throws fairly accurately. But how he would fare against NFL defenses....Who knows.?? Kenny Pickett is another question mark. There just isn't a bunch of QB talent out there this year.

Also, I mentioned a month or two ago,,,, I think we should (and NOW I think we will..) utilize McCaffrey as a slot receiver and a RB, with the resultant special plays and play action stuff. CMC is NOT leaving right now. If you doubt what I say, just go back to his pre-draft tape and his combine appearances. He ran ALL of the RB stuff, then lined up with the receivers and ran the entire route tree, catching everything thrown. No misses. I remember the commentators at the time saying. "That's just ridiculous. He's just showing off now.!!" If they start moving him around, I'll forecast another thousand/thousand year, and maybe two or three more.!!

But, OTOH....what do I know.??

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just….. The Carolina Panthers Select: - by Hobbit99 - 01-11-2022, 12:25 PM