Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-17-2022, 03:06 PM -
(01-13-2022, 12:04 AM)Josh21 Wrote: I hear u hobbit.  What about the ol?  Any thoughts?  I’d worry about that before qb by a wide margin.  Sam had 1-2 seconds most plays.  How can a qb function like that.  Answer: they don’t.

OL...??  Gosh, what a can of worms that could be. Start talking about it and you end up going down every rabbit hole on the field.  Actually, i think we need about two pieces to make a decent starting O-line. We have Brady Christensen who has shown he can play LT and both LG and RG. We have Moton who has played every game since he came to the Panthers. We have Deonte Brown who is definitely stout enough to play inside. As a rookie this year he didn't play much, but he is going to.! And we have Cameron Erving who plays OK (BUT not excellently..) and would make a good 'swing' tackle as long as he's not hurt. Unfortunately, he's hurt a lot of the time. Has been for his whole career. We have a couple of Cs who are sort of serviceable but could definitely be upgraded. If we can pick up a couple of guys by trade or FA, vets with some experience, then we can let Christensen and Brown GROW into starting positions. So, I think we take best available O-lineman with first pick and grab one more down the line. Then if we can pick up that vet (or two..) we should be vastly improved......AS LONG AS WE DON'T HAVE A BUNCH OF INJURIES (or Covid issues..). I really think Christensen and Brown will anchor the line along with Moton. Let Erving play "swing'. Center is the real question. I HATE drafting a center unless he is a true multi-purpose lineman. We will have several 'backup' linemen available.....maybe one of them will 'show up'.???

I think who we draft will depend on who we can sign first. Won't necessarily be a LT. Maybe an interior guy LG, RG, C....??

Then to add to the rabbit warren....We need to decide on our TEs. I think Tremble is a star in the making. I am not sure about Thomas although he has shown some ability and is a good blocker. Sullivan is really an unknown quantity...?? In addition to those guys, we have Colin Thompson a mostly unknown out of Temple (Of course--where else..??). I'd like to see Ian Thomas lose about 15-20 lbs, down to around 240-245 (he's about 260..!). At his height, he could be a real target if he could gain a little speed....and maintain his blocking ability.

I don't really know, bro. So much depends on the trade and FA market.
This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 04:15 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just….. The Carolina Panthers Select: - by Hobbit99 - 01-17-2022, 03:06 PM