Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-06-2024, 12:47 PM -
(03-06-2024, 10:28 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: To expand just a little on Horn and Jackson as mentioned above… I consider Jackson to be a solid CB. What the Panthers decide to do with him is a different matter. He very well could end up leaving. Hopefully the Panthers figure it out to our advantage.

The Horn dilemma is what bothers me. His career “effectiveness” was documented up above, so I won’t go into it again. Drafted in 2021, he has ‘completed’ three years in the league. 1st round pick in ‘21, this year (2024) will mark the end of his rookie contract. The Panthers have a 5th year option they COULD use for 2025, which would give him two more years here.  PROBLEM: The option comes into play RSN (Real Soon Now). The Panthers have to exercise the option NLT May 2, 2024. This is almost immediately after the draft, and before mini-camp, before workouts, before OTAs, and before Training Camp.

Given Horn’s lack of productivity and almost constant injury status…. What do the Panthers do about the 5th year option.???  REMEMBER: The option incurs a significant money payout and Cap hit… 

Sick Huh

Look, I liked Horn at South Carolina, but he hasn't stayed healthy enough or played enough to warrant the money he would want to stay here.  I hope he gets healthy and stays that way for his own good, but for us, I don't see a future for him on this Team.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS EXPECTED TO TRADE OR CUT CB DANTE JACKSON - by PantherFan007 - 03-06-2024, 12:47 PM