Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2024, 10:02 AM -
My concern revolves around finding good quality replacement players. Our Defensive Back room is going to be decimated if jackson is released/cut. We have Troy Hill and Henderson as the only options and neither is a #1 quality CB or #2 probably. (IMHO..). So, who do we get and where do we get them.??

I'm not as concerned about the TE room. Tommy Tremble is solid. Good blocker and receiver, especially over the middle and in the Red Zone. We currently have a couple of TEs that are mostly dead weight. They could be cut and we wouldn't lose much in the process. Still, it would be nice to have another solid TE, not someone's reject that would just take up space. If we lose Ricci, it's not a big loss. Thomas and Sullivan are both under-performing. If Hurst is cut/released we still have Jordan Matthews and Chris Pierce as well. So, TE is pretty well covered numbers wise..... Unless we decide to clean house and sweep up the dregs.  Maybe not a bad idea..???

The OL room is a concern of course. If Bozeman is released/cut, then we have three big holes to fill in the middle of the line.  Of course, we have Christiansen and Corbett coming back after injury. Who knows how that will work out.??  We have a plethora of OGs on the roster, like Cade Mays, Chandler Zavala, DeRenzo, McCray, Jensen, Jackson......  Mays and Zavala played quite a bit. The rest are a mis-mash of guys with little to recommend. At C, we have .... uhh ...... hmmm.  Well,  there might be a couple of guys who COULD snap the ball if necessary. Maybe..??

Our roster is full of trash right now. Bunch of players who are basically just 'camp fodder'. Most of them have a snowball's chance in hell of making the roster.

Combine this mess with our Edge need along with D-Line....???  Then figure out what to do with Burns, Luvu, and Chinn...... Throw in two reliable (sort of..) guys at S...(Xavier Woods and Vonn Bell..) and Sam Franklin Jr, who played a little last year but is mostly a ST guy...

Lots of work to be done.  Like LP said:  Gonna have to wait and see what our triple-threat consortium of Morgan, Canales, and Tillis can work out.

For me.... I'm like a little boy jumping in mud puddles --- OR, like the farmers duck, Hell, if it don't rain, I'll just walk...
Fbcry
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panthers expected to release C Bradley Bozeman - by Hobbit99 - 03-11-2024, 10:02 AM