Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

67 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-21-2024, 08:34 AM -
(03-20-2024, 11:14 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I like the seemingly simple plan!  Plug the lines with big, tough, just maulers.  Check.  Added wr help.  Still gonna draft some.  Db?  Lb, inside is ok.  Need olbs.  Please compete!

Drafting a ilb this year early would continue a trend.  We plan ahead there.  Dan, Beason,  TD, Luke.  2-3 more.  I’m sure I’m missing some.  We’ve picked well there in the past.  We usually have steady lb play, except last year - Luvu, balled out.  Jewel n Shaq should do well.  2 green dot guys. 

No matter what we draft, we prolly need it.

(03-21-2024, 06:16 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: I like that...it is a simple basic plan. Build a good foundation. Run the ball and stop the run.

If you remember Luvu was a free agent signing who had really under performed previously.  We got a not terrible, not great player cheap.  What he became was a nice surprise.  I hope Morgan and company can find some of those guys.   Going to be a key for our future. (Still bummed Luvu wanted to leave.)

AGREED -- 
I believe that we are well on the way to a better year. Of course, nothing is set in stone. As the saying goes... "The devil is in the details." The problem is, right now, the details have not been put to rest. There is a lot of work to be done, even if most of the signings are already complete. Luvu is going to be missed. If Shaq comes back strong from the broken bone, and new guy, Josey Jewell, comes out strong, we should be okay in the middle. Maybe not 'top of the league', but... okay.???
Huh
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - by Hobbit99 - 03-21-2024, 08:34 AM