PANTHERS @ BILLS - Post Game Thoughts
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
OceanPanther

151 posts 17 threads Joined: Mar 2020
08-25-2024, 08:48 AM -
(08-24-2024, 10:14 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Well...

I thought the 1st stringers (starters..??) presented better than they should have. Not because of low expectations, but more because I was worried about rust, and lack of immediacy and intentionality. You can't build a coherent body of 'potential' without experiencing some inopportune moments. And our guys just haven't had those opportunities. You have to put the guys on the field and in the situations and then allow them to push outward to the edges and explore the boundaries. Without the time and guidance, it's bound to be a tough 'row to hoe'. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.

Our "O" looked surprisingly solid. Young looked pretty good, at least a LOT better than last year. Chuba was solid in his few carries.Legette is a work in progress. He shouldn't be starting for awhile....maybe not this year.. Thielen looked like himself and Johnson too. I think we now have a very solid TE room. And Plummer REALLY surprised me. He grew by leaps an d bounds over the last week. 
[quote pid="8547" dateline="1724555698"]

The "D" was pretty good (most of the time). They forgot how to contain a few times and there was absolutely WAY too many missed tackles. We have to tighten that up.

Smith-Marsette looked good on returns. Have to wonder about Blackshear. Hekker was his usual self... Who knew he could kick off of the ground as good as he does.??

It would be interesting to sit down and try to pick our 53 roster right now..!!
[/quote]

I'm going to be disappointed if Legette doesn't see the field a lot and contribute a lot.  700 yrds, 6-9 TD .  First round picks should be starters, or at least be on the field a lot . We've not seen a lot of practice and preseason like in the past, so he might be doing great and on schedule ..
Legette isn't our biggest concern this season.  Ikem Ekwonu getting better, Mingo and Marshall need to improve.  In all honesty I think Canales is show us a different and much improved offense this season.    Stay Healthy Panthers

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS @ BILLS - Post Game Thoughts - by OceanPanther - 08-25-2024, 08:48 AM