Bye week.
Started by Firstchance

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

35 posts in this topic
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-22-2023, 12:41 PM -
Just did a quick calculation. We are still in the playoff chase.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-22-2023, 07:10 PM -
Very slim chance.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-23-2023, 09:16 AM -
(10-22-2023, 12:41 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Just did a quick calculation. We are still in the playoff chase.

LOL...LOL...LOL   Fbcry Fbmad

The REAL question is...since this is a bye week break, and we are now in the prep stages for Week 8, AND we are going to face the Texans who incidentally are fielding the #2 drafted QB, CJ Stroud (who I will always contend SHOULD have been the #1 pick) .... Are you ready for it..??

The QUESTION should be: Is it even possible for the Panthers to win this game.?? --- (or ANY game, for that matter..??)

First's 'throwaway line' up there ("playoff chase") is, I'm certain, similar to a "poke in the eye with a sharp stick'. That is to say.... "It'll feel better when it quits hurting."
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

10-23-2023, 02:04 PM -
If the Bears can beat the Raiders with Tyson Bagent (the guy I like at the combine) at QB, if the Pats can beat the Bills, then anything can happen on any given Sunday. . I would settle for being competitive.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-23-2023, 06:10 PM -
(10-23-2023, 02:04 PM)Firstchance Wrote: If the Bears can beat the Raiders with Tyson Bagent (the guy I like at the combine) at QB, if the Pats can beat the Bills, then anything can happen on any given Sunday.  . I would settle for being competitive.

Competitive = EXACTLY...

And you'd be right.... I'd settle for that as well.
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-23-2023, 10:17 PM -
If SF can lose to Cle n Min in consecutive weeks, no reason we can’t start competing (First, n Hobbit)!
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-23-2023, 11:32 PM -
Meant we should b ready to compete now. No more trying, go get u some wins team! Competing helps, but our shedules easier. We should battle Texas to the end. Just me.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-24-2023, 12:43 PM -
(10-23-2023, 11:32 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Meant we should b ready to compete now.  No more trying, go get u some wins team!  Competing helps, but our shedules easier.  We should battle Texas to the end.  Just me.

You think the upcoming schedule is going to be easier..???  Hmm... I don't know. Maybe..??  We've played six games, eleven to go...

As of right now (today) this is how I see it.... 

Teams we're going to play, and their records...

Houston Texans  (3-3) WON--Jaguars, Steelers, Saints....LOST--Ravens, Colts, Falcons
Indianapolis Colts  (3-4) WON--Texans, Ravens, Titans....LOST--Jaguars, Rams, Jaguars, Browns
@ Chicago Bears  (2-5) WON--Commanders, Raiders....LOST--Vikings, Chiefs, Packers, Bucs, Broncos
Dallas Cowboys  (4-2) WON--Giants, Jets, Patriots, Chargers....LOST--Cardinals, 49ers
@ Tennessee Titans  (2-4) WON--Chargers, Bengals....LOST--Saints, Browns, Colts, Ravens
@ Tampa Bay Bucs  (3-3) WON...Vikings, Bears, Saints---LOST...Eagles, Lions, Falcons 
@ New Orleans Saints  (3-4) WON...Titans, Panthers, Patriots---LOST...Packers, Bucs, Texans, Jaguars
Atlanta Falcons  (4-3) WON...Panthers, Packers, Texans, Bucs---LOST...Lions, Jaguars, Commanders
Green Bay Packers  (2-4) WON...Bears, Saints---LOST...Falcons, Lions, Raiders, Broncos
@ Jacksonville Jaguars  (5-2) WON...Colts, Falcons, Bills, Colts, Saints---LOST...Chiefs, Texans
Tampa Bay Bucs  (3-3) WON...Vikings, Bears, Saints---LOST...Eagles, Lions, Falcons

The Bears, Titans, and Packers have two wins. All of the rest have at least three wins. The Cowboys and the Falcons have four wins. The Jaguars have five wins. We could easily lose all eleven of these games. 

The next two games will probably foretell the rest of the season. Both are three win teams, but we play them both at home. If we could win one of them I will be happy. The Texans are flying high after beating the Saints. The Colts will probably be easier. Realistically, one win would be a WIN.!

The following five games (1 HOME, 4 ROAD) we play two, two-win teams, two, three-win teams, and one, four-win team. The Bears are probably the easiest, but we play them in Chicago. The Cowboys are the only HOME game and they have the best record of this bunch. Our best bets are against the Titans and the Bears --- BUT they are both ROAD games. Two division games could be tough. There is a chance we pick up a win or two in here. Just not a good chance...

The final four games (three at HOME) could surprise. Two division games are always tough. The Packers are not looking too strong right now either. The Jaguar game is probably a lost cause.

If we lose both of the next two games, the Texans and the Colts, the losses will mount like a runaway freight train. I would like to think we could pull five or six wins out of the rest of the schedule. But truthfully, I don't see it. There are three games that look winnable right now. The Bears, Titans, and Packers. But don't be surprised if we end up 2-15, 1-16, or (heaven forbid) 0-17.
Fbcry
This post was last modified: 10-24-2023, 07:16 PM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

10-24-2023, 05:56 PM -
Shirley (surely) this football team won’t go winless. Right? No way, impossible. Right?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-24-2023, 07:08 PM -
(10-24-2023, 05:56 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Shirley (surely) this football team won’t go winless.  Right? No way, impossible. Right?

Look.!!  Up in the sky.  It's an AIRPLANE.!!

Joker