Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-09-2023, 10:05 PM -
Here's one for you.....

In a rare occurence, the sport books have apparently decided to push the "line" closer to reality.  The early week line shows the Panthers at a terrific handicap as they enter the week a 14 point underdog.  This is an incredibly large gap and the betting line is correspondingly similar.  This is the week for Panther bettors to make a killing --- PROVIDED the Panthers can play well enough to cover the spread.

So, what do you think.?? Can the Panthers WIN.??  OR even hold the final score loss within 14 ??  If you're a believer, now is the time to let your money talk.!!!
Fbwow
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2023, 05:23 AM -
Nothing, absolutely nothing has given me hope on offense so far. It’d be one thing if the team was lackluster, but the penalties, the lack of changing of pace, the play calling all of it points in one direction. To the coaching staff. I’ve seen rookie HCs call a better game. All the experience that we have, I’m just floored by us being outcoached every single game. Our team looks severely unprepared every game. Cover the spread? Heck I’d just like to see us cover the edge rushers. Bryce is getting killed, and our offensive scheme isn’t doing him any favors.

#DebbieDownerSigningOff
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-10-2023, 06:24 AM -
(10-10-2023, 05:23 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Nothing, absolutely nothing has given me hope on offense so far.  It’d be one thing if the team was lackluster, but the penalties, the lack of changing of pace, the play calling all of it points in one direction. To the coaching staff.  I’ve seen rookie HCs call a better game.  All the experience that we have, I’m just floored by us being outcoached every single game.  Our team looks severely unprepared every game.  Cover the spread?  Heck I’d just like to see us cover the edge rushers.  Bryce is getting killed, and our offensive scheme isn’t doing him any favors.

#DebbieDownerSigningOff

PREACH, brother.....

Play calling SUCKS... You know what the Height of Stupidity is..??

Doing the same thing over and over and over again --- And expecting a different result...

NOW... A lot of Bryce Young's travails fall squarely on his own shoulders.  We have a tendency to expect our "protection schemes" to give QBs all the time they WANT, instead of a short reasonable slot to throw the ball. Young takes way, WAY too much time to throw the ball. I started timing Young against the Vikings and again on Sunday against the Lions. It was disheartening, I gave it up for most of the game. Timed him in the 1st Qtr and again in the 3rd Qtr.  Bryce Young was taking an average of 4 1/2 seconds to deliver the ball. A lot of throws where he got "pressured" were 5 seconds or longer. He may have scored really well on 'standardized tests' for "processing" -- but he's NOT showing it on the field. He's going to have to speed up what he does..... Make 'good' decisions, 'quickly'.

As I said, I agree that the scheme and play-calling are abominable....
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2023, 09:08 PM -
TMJ had nine catches last week. Didn’t get a snap Sunday. Reich took the fault, as a good HC should, but as an O staff we should b smarter. Feed the momentum. Like Shenault getting more touches too (rushing, backfield or sweeps). Feed who’s warm please.

If u listen to all the panther talk (by our guys) we have hope. We could pop at any time, if we cut out the to’s n penalties. Make the other team beat us. haven’t done it yet. Need to start doing it. If we can go 0 to’s n minimal penalties I’ll take it, w or l. We can compete that way. Only way we compete this year. Fact.
This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 09:30 PM by Josh21.
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-11-2023, 09:06 PM -
Bryce did the qb1 thing n put the onus on him for mistakes.. Great. Keep growing. I expect a better performance this week. But what do I know? Better performance doesn’t = w here. Fully expect a loss.

Give me 0 to’s n few penalties. Please.
This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 09:36 PM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-13-2023, 11:24 AM -
I still don't understand why haven't figured out a way to let him air it out yet. Or is it just Bryce? He has weapons. He has three tight ends most of the time and never or rarely throws to them.

Our O-Line has been atrocious at best, but watching the games back again, it looks like Bryce's check down lanes are only about five to eight yards deep.
Ladypanther

482 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-14-2023, 03:00 PM -
With the injuries that keep piling up on defense this one could get ugly. I am actually expecting some changes to be made during the bye. Just hope for no major injuries in the Miami game.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-14-2023, 07:15 PM -
(10-14-2023, 03:00 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: With the injuries that keep piling up on defense this one  could get ugly.  I am actually expecting some changes to be made during the bye.  Just hope for no major injuries in the Miami game.

At this point in the season (for us), any injury is a major injury. We are playing a bunch of no-name guys at important positions. It is almost second nature to see our first line of defense decimated.... And Offense is not a lot better. I expect to see Corbett return to (at least) limited action after the bye. Stephen Sullivan was "designated to return" from IR back on the 4th of October, and was activated today (14th). So, only ten days of practice and conditioning before being thrown into the fire..... just a little strange because there is actually a 21 day window.  But, of course, that was probably precipitated by Ian Thomas being placed on IR.  One goes down and one comes back -- SMH.

"UGLY.."  LOL. Yep, this game on Sunday COULD end up being a real disaster -- especially being played 'on the road'. The opening odds on the game put the Panthers at about 14 point underdogs.  I don't think that will cover it.  I'm expecting something like 44-16 maybe..... or worse.??  The Miami Offense is not to be underestimated. You are absolutely right. It could get "Ugly" early.

Again, Lady, welcome to the convo. What are you thinking or "expecting" around the bye.??
Ladypanther

482 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-14-2023, 07:53 PM -
Hobbit....I am thinking (hoping) they will look at the blocking scheme for the oline. What they are doing is not a fit and the run game is terrible. Also...whatever brilliant changes they made,,,need to simplify....and for the love of.....need to get Chinn more involved!
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-14-2023, 09:30 PM -
Great observations! 2 safety’s hurt n Chinn not in? Why?