Anyone want a subscription to The Athletic?
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-30-2023, 10:45 AM -
I can send up to 5 free 30 day guest passes. After that they should give you a good introductory rate. I enjoy my subscription..there is good information and more in-depth reporting.

FYI...it was time to renew my subscription. Price was about $79. Instead I cancelled, Then they offered me a year at $23.99. 2nd year in a row I have done that. (That works for a lot of things...have done it with Sirius Radio...although you have to talk with someone...each time you say no...they "talk to a supervisor" and come back with a better offer, and also my Washington Post subscription)

If you want the free 30 day pass..send me a pm with your email.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-30-2023, 12:20 PM -
(10-30-2023, 10:45 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: I can send up to 5 free 30 day guest passes.  After that they should give you a good introductory rate.  I enjoy my subscription..there is good information and more in-depth reporting.

FYI...it was time to renew my subscription.    Price was about $79.  Instead I cancelled,  Then they offered me a year at $23.99.  2nd year in a row I have done that. (That works for a lot of things...have done it with Sirius Radio...although you have to talk with someone...each time you say no...they "talk to a supervisor" and come back with a better offer, and also my Washington Post subscription)

I got hooked up with those guys a couple of years ago. My experience was very similar to yours. I guess I didn't 'need' the sub badly enough, because I canceled. Don't recall getting the counter-offers though..... 

Anyway, thanks for thinking of the forum.!!
Smile
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-30-2023, 09:45 PM -
(10-30-2023, 12:20 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 10:45 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: I can send up to 5 free 30 day guest passes.  After that they should give you a good introductory rate.  I enjoy my subscription..there is good information and more in-depth reporting.

FYI...it was time to renew my subscription.    Price was about $79.  Instead I cancelled,  Then they offered me a year at $23.99.  2nd year in a row I have done that. (That works for a lot of things...have done it with Sirius Radio...although you have to talk with someone...each time you say no...they "talk to a supervisor" and come back with a better offer, and also my Washington Post subscription)

I got hooked up with those guys a couple of years ago. My experience was very similar to yours. I guess I didn't 'need' the sub badly enough, because I canceled. Don't recall getting the counter-offers though..... 

Smile

Did you cancel at the time of the renewal?  That's when I have done it (with the other stuff too) and then I usually get a pretty good offer right away.  They need numbers!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-31-2023, 01:43 AM -
(10-30-2023, 09:45 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 12:20 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

Smile

Did you cancel at the time of the renewal?  That's when I have done it (with the other stuff too) and then I usually get a pretty good offer right away.  They need numbers!

Yeah... It's been a couple of years back, but as I remember I only sub'd for a year. Then when the renewal came due, it was just too 'speedy' for my constitution.  Pretty sure I didn't get a counter-offer of any sort. Not that it really matters I guess, but I suppose it means that I didn't really need it after all.
Old
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"