Well, that was bad
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-05-2023, 08:14 PM -
What the heck happened?  Team did not look prepared.  Bryce was a mess.

I really thought we would win this game.  Never thought this season would be this bad.

Thurs night game upcoming.  Amazon will likely complain about that matchup...lol.  At least we all have a free Sunday next weekend.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-05-2023, 08:45 PM -
What happened..??  Well, let's see.......

Part of what we're seeing is results tied to injuries. Our Defense is decimated. I HATE to think what it will look like on Thursday. Although, having said that, our "D" didn't PLAY badly considering the player makeup. Overall, I'd give the Defense a B- or C+. It wasn't terrible. There were a couple of bright spots and a lot of just average play from 2nd & 3rd string backups.

Our Offense stunk it up. We DID see what Hurst is capable of -- IF the plays are called. We saw Young reverting to college play. He is telegraphing his throws. If you have a DVR of the game go back and watch our Offensive series'. He takes the snap then stares down his #1. Time after time... THAT is why he had three INTs today. The Defense is reading his head movement and his eyes. You can't fool anyone like that.... Not in the NFL anyway.

O-Line wasn't terrible. I've said this so many times I'm sounding like a broken record. Young takes way, WAY too long to get rid of the ball. The top level QBs in the NFL take about 3+ seconds to deliver the ball. The BEST of them are slightly under three seconds. Young stares down his primary, then when he realizes it's not happening he tries to go to a secondary or tertiary receiver and ends up under pressure or taking a sack after holding the ball for 5-6 seconds or longer.  Until Young settles down and starts anticipating his receivers and delivering the ball quicker on target, he is going to continue to have problems. These D-backs are not going to cut him any slack just because he's a rookie #1 pick. He's going to have to earn OPFOR respect. 

Ekwonu is killing me. I still have high hope for his eventual maturing. He is only a 2nd year guy. Going to have to give him the rest of this year and into next year as well. He's playing one of the toughest positions on the field. It's going to take time.

As for Thursday.... We will probably get blown out. Just keeping it real.
Fbcry
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-05-2023, 09:02 PM -
Might be a slight hiccup to the playoff chase?
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,193 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-05-2023, 09:58 PM -
Hilarious first!
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-05-2023, 10:01 PM -
(11-05-2023, 08:45 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: What happened..??  Well, let's see.......

Part of what we're seeing is results tied to injuries. Our Defense is decimated. I HATE to think what it will look like on Thursday. Although, having said that, our "D" didn't PLAY badly considering the player makeup. Overall, I'd give the Defense a B- or C+. It wasn't terrible. There were a couple of bright spots and a lot of just average play from 2nd & 3rd string backups.

Our Offense stunk it up. We DID see what Hurst is capable of -- IF the plays are called. We saw Young reverting to college play. He is telegraphing his throws. If you have a DVR of the game go back and watch our Offensive series'. He takes the snap then stares down his #1. Time after time... THAT is why he had three INTs today. The Defense is reading his head movement and his eyes. You can't fool anyone like that.... Not in the NFL anyway.

O-Line wasn't terrible. I've said this so many times I'm sounding like a broken record. Young takes way, WAY too long to get rid of the ball. The top level QBs in the NFL take about 3+ seconds to deliver the ball. The BEST of them are slightly under three seconds. Young stares down his primary, then when he realizes it's not happening he tries to go to a secondary or tertiary receiver and ends up under pressure or taking a sack after holding the ball for 5-6 seconds or longer.  Until Young settles down and starts anticipating his receivers and delivering the ball quicker on target, he is going to continue to have problems. These D-backs are not going to cut him any slack just because he's a rookie #1 pick. He's going to have to earn OPFOR respect. 

Ekwonu is killing me. I still have high hope for his eventual maturing. He is only a 2nd year guy. Going to have to give him the rest of this year and into next year as well. He's playing one of the toughest positions on the field. It's going to take time.

As for Thursday.... We will probably get blown out. Just keeping it real.
Fbcry

Well said Hob.  Will things ever get better?  Can we trade Tepper?
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,193 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-05-2023, 11:40 PM -
A win over Indy woulda helped moral. Didn’t get it.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-06-2023, 09:10 AM -
We are just a really, really bad team right now.  And we could blame it on injuries, etc., but every team has injuries.  The Colts had injuries. 

And Bryce, yeah, I'm seriously not feeling it.  He looked terrible.

It's almost like he has zero pocket awareness.  You have to think and act MUCH quicker in the NFL, and by this time in the season I thought he would have advanced, but he really hasn't.

Even Cam Newton was busy setting records as a Rookie, but Bryce has simply underwhelmed.  He is a nice kid, he is smart, he is very mature, but I am beginning to question rather he will translate to the NFL level as a quarterback.

When you have a bad Offensive Line, you have to be mobile in the pocket, you cannot stand there and take sack after sack after sack. 

And, I'm not blaming it all on Bryce Young, there was plenty of blame to go around, but as I stated in a previous thread earlier in the week, it's like Bryce cannot see downfield, or at least doesn't look downfield.   We HAVE to have pass plays longer than three or four yard short passes. 

It's either on the Coaching or on Bryce, but I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

It was in the 2nd Quarter before we had a first down.

We did not have a third down conversion until two minutes before halftime. How does a team account for that??

It was just terrible.  Stinking terrible.
This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 09:12 AM by PantherFan007.
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
11-06-2023, 09:18 AM -
Well.. that one was tough to watch. I think it's safe to say , who ever calls plays,, it doesn't matter. I think I like Thomas Brown more though.
I thought the O line was awful. Bryce might hold it too long, but more often than not, when he drops back to pass, he's getting hit. 4 sacks yesterday, I have no idea how many hits he took. Bryce threw 3 touch downs passes.. two to Moore of the Colts. And I don't think he was rushed on either of those passes.

Penalties.. geeeeze louise. how many drives did we continue for the colts due to penalties. I don't think the personal foul call was correct for launching on the wide receiver,, nor the hitting the QB sliding.. I hate to whine about officials , and "we're not good enough " to get the correct calls lol.

Ok... I've vented.. On to Thursday where we come back from being embarrassed yesterday for a HUGE VICTORY ON THE ROAD against the bears ..
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-06-2023, 10:57 AM -
I just realized. We could replace Patrick Mahommes with Bryce Young. He would still be Bryce Young and the Chiefs would be bad.
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
11-06-2023, 11:45 AM -
Ok, I'm a Kelly's Hero fan,,  I got this from a friend yesterday as he laid on the beach,

[Image: 51ga50.jpg]