Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-16-2023, 05:45 PM -
So, here we go again. THIS week we hit the ground stumbling with a few more changes. First thing, apparently the powers that be have decided that Throckmorton is a liability on the O-Line. He was released on Tuesday. That means rookie Zavala will probably fill in at LG. Wow...now we have two (2) 'questionables' on the left side of the O-Line. Not injury related of course, SKILL related. Second thing, Hayden Hurst is in the "concussion protocol". So, barring exponential improvement, he will miss the Dallas game (along with CJ Henderson (also concussion..) probably.  Item the 3rd... HC Reich has decided that he knows best and has removed 'play-calling' from Thomas Brown's repertoire. So our very own 0-6 play-caller takes over from our 1-2 play-caller. THAT definitely sounds like an improvement. Fourth (last..??) thing, shows Brian Burns will probably be back this week after being cleared from Concussion protocol. Also JC Horn has practiced so may be activated for this game.

I'm sure there are other things to mention, but that's all I've got......... for now.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-16-2023, 08:08 PM -
I’m sure Throckmorton was a nice person but he was a really bad football player. In fact, the past couple games just be fine Icky and Boze. See I didn’t mention Bryce!!!

Seriously, what has happened to Boze, he has been ugly the past few games.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-16-2023, 08:23 PM -
(11-16-2023, 05:45 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: So, here we go again. THIS week we hit the ground stumbling with a few more changes. First thing, apparently the powers that be have decided that Throckmorton is a liability on the O-Line. He was released on Tuesday. That means rookie Zavala will probably fill in at LG. Wow...now we have two (2) 'questionables' on the left side of the O-Line. Not injury related of course, SKILL related. Second thing, Hayden Hurst is in the "concussion protocol". So, barring exponential improvement, he will miss the Dallas game (along with CJ Henderson (also concussion..) probably.  Item the 3rd... HC Reich has decided that he knows best and has removed 'play-calling' from Thomas Brown's repertoire. So our very own 0-6 play-caller takes over from our 1-2 play-caller. THAT definitely sounds like an improvement. Fourth (last..??) thing, shows Brian Burns will probably be back this week after being cleared from Concussion protocol. Also JC Horn has practiced so may be activated for this game.

I'm sure there are other things to mention, but that's all I've got......... for now.

(11-16-2023, 08:08 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I’m sure Throckmorton was a nice person but he was a really bad football player. In fact, the past couple games just be fine Icky and Boze. See I didn’t mention Bryce!!!

Seriously, what has happened to Boze, he has been ugly the past few games.

Good summary Hob
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-16-2023, 08:29 PM -
Should read just behind Icky and Boze. No edit button for me, I must be in trouble.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-16-2023, 11:06 PM -
Icky’s had a good pff grade these past 2 games. Upper 70’s.

Top 5 on o.

Our team
This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 11:37 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-17-2023, 04:11 PM -
JayCee Horn will NOT (apparently) be activated for the Dallas game.

Huh
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-17-2023, 06:11 PM -
Bose is having to play with a different guard every week, it’s easy to put it on him when he’s got to cover the slack
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-18-2023, 09:21 AM -
Found this from Jason La Canfora in the Washington Post:

More unrest in Carolina

Frank Reich's Panthers have won just one game this season. 
Speaking of cranky owners, many of the same people who in the past told of Panthers owner David Tepper’s fits and plots — and correctly predicted roster teardowns and firings — are getting a strong sense that head coach Frank Reich could be one-and-done in Carolina.

A few weeks back, I’d have cast such suggestions aside, but too many people are whispering too many things, and the more I probed around, the more I got the impression Reich is very much coaching for his job. That was before he snatched back play-calling duties from offensive coordinator Thomas Brown mere weeks after ceding them. Yikes. Within that building, there is every sense that jobs are on the line, because, well, with Tepper, of course they are.

Some believed Carolina could compete this season in the awful NFC South, with first overall pick Bryce Young taking over at quarterback — present company included. It also sounds like Tepper was among them. And with this division being every bit as bad as some predicted, it appears it’s going to take some significant progress from Young and the Panthers’ offense to prevent the impetuous owner from at least mulling starting all over again, including with his football operations department.

“He’s pissed about the quarterback,” one NFL personnel executive said of Tepper, “but nobody there wanted Bryce Young more than him. He led that charge. That was his guy.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/20...osh-allen/