App St
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

453 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-17-2023, 07:53 AM -
I am a fan. Love the underdog giant killer.  Plus like the local teams.

It was so cool last year when College Game Day went to Boone for ASU vs UNC.  This Sat App will be featured on Game Day again...this time as the visiting team:

ESPN's College GameDay will be live from Harrisonburg, Virginia ahead of a massive Sun Belt matchup between James Madison (10-0, 6-0 Sun Belt) and Appalachian State (6-4, 4-2 Sun Belt).

Go Mountaineers!!!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,699 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-17-2023, 09:21 AM -
(11-17-2023, 07:53 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: I am a fan. Love the underdog giant killer.  Plus like the local teams.

It was so cool last year when College Game Day went to Boone for ASU vs UNC.  This Sat App will be featured on Game Day again...this time as the visiting team:

ESPN's College GameDay will be live from Harrisonburg, Virginia ahead of a massive Sun Belt matchup between James Madison (10-0, 6-0 Sun Belt) and Appalachian State (6-4, 4-2 Sun Belt).

Go Mountaineers!!!

Thanks for bringing this up, LP.

I have always been a champion of the underdog, and likely will remain so.  My other area of 'intent' focuses on education. Because I spent quite a few years working in higher education, I tend to recognize "effort" when it shows up without claiming affiliation or support of any particular school.  So, for that reason, I definitely support ASU and their program.  HOWEVER.... I also want to recognize the 'other' institution here.  James Madison University deserves accolades for their continued support of education. While you seldom hear anything about JMU in college athletics, they are a high-functioning and well-received educational university. They truly are one of our nation's bright spots in education.

So... this year, to see JMU go undefeated (so far..!!) is a real surprise. YES, I love the ASU 'Mountaineers'. But, the JMU 'Dukes' deserve support too.!! (Their season so far has been truly remarkable...). I wouldn't mind seeing ASU. win this game, but they're going to have a battle....

Thanks
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,699 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-19-2023, 09:39 AM -
WELL, There you have it.   Big Grin Big Grin

AS LP mentioned to us ....... APP State goes to Va. to play undefeated and nationally ranked James Madison.  As "College Game Day" looked on, App State played in this special game for the second straight year. Last year against UNC and again this year against JMU.

APP State prevailed in a hard-fought battle, winning 26-23 in OT.  After JMU scored a FG on their 1st OT possession, APP State came back with a short TD pass on their 1st OT possession --- For The Win.!!!

Worship CoolDance Worship CoolDance

CongratulationMountaineers !!!!   
Celebrate 
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

453 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-19-2023, 11:40 AM -
(11-19-2023, 09:39 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: WELL, There you have it.   Big Grin Big Grin

AS LP mentioned to us ....... APP State goes to Va. to play undefeated and nationally ranked James Madison.  As "College Game Day" looked on, App State played in this special game for the second straight year. Last year against UNC and again this year against JMU.

APP State prevailed in a hard-fought battle, winning 26-23 in OT.  After JMU scored a FG on their 1st OT possession, APP State came back with a short TD pass on their 1st OT possession --- For The Win.!!!

Worship CoolDance Worship CoolDance

CongratulationMountaineers !!!!   
Celebrate 
CoolDance WootSign DittoSign

Well done Boonies!!!