EJIRO EVERO & CHRIS TABOR--TO INTERVIEW FOR HC (POSSIBLY..)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-10-2024, 03:01 PM -
WORD ON THE STREET...

Ejiro Evero - Dateline Panthers Wire:  Senior NFL reporter, Jeremy Fowler,  reports "...that Carolina is expected to interview the 43-year-old play-caller for their head-coaching vacancy." 

Nothing is confirmed at this point. If (when.?) that happens we will add his name to the list...

One other interesting note:  According to the folks at Panthers Wire..... The Panthers today have "blocked" the Jacksonville Jaguars from pursuing (interviewing) Ejiro Evero. The Panthers CAN do that because the position in question is for Defensive Coordinator, which is a "lateral" move, not a promotion. Promotion move interviews cannot be blocked, but lateral move interviews are not protected.

PANTHERS WIRE:  Panthers "Block" Jaguars From Interviewing Evero

Chris Tabor - In addition to the news about Ejiro Evero, The Panthers Wire also contends that Chris Tabor will get an interview as well.  Tabor has a lot of experience and as ST Coordinator, has extensive knowledge of all of the players on the roster. Tabor would be an interesting choice...

PANTHERS WIRE:   Panthers To Interview ST Coordinator, Chris Tabor for HC...
This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 03:10 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-10-2024, 08:08 PM -
Thought is was weird and really unusual but read today that Tabor had his interview.
It was virtual.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-10-2024, 08:09 PM -
I like tabor, I don’t feel he is HC material at this time, with THIS team.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

01-10-2024, 08:25 PM -
(01-10-2024, 08:08 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Thought is was weird and really unusual but read today that Tabor had his interview. 
It was virtual.

Yeah... I think I mentioned that in the other thread. Seemed a little strange to me as well...
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
01-12-2024, 11:45 AM -
I'm a believer in the Peter Principal .. Some one can be a great salesman , but won't make a good sales manager. Sports is notorious for putting people up to the next level when the level they are at, is their best. Most player won't make good coaches,, most coaches won't be good head coaches etc. Baseball is the one sport where best managers weren't great baseball players.

But we ( owners ) keep looking,, trying to find the one who will be magical. Maybe we'll get lucky like Miami or San Fran did.. or not .

Personally I think we need someone to right the ship. If Harbaugh can come work his magic for 3 season and make us competitive again I think that's huge. We can't go another 3 years like the last 6. The more a coach wins,, the less an owner will meddle .
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

01-12-2024, 01:06 PM -
(01-12-2024, 11:45 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: I'm a believer in the Peter Principal ..    Some one can be a great salesman , but won't make a good sales manager.    Sports is  notorious for putting people up to the next level when the level they are at, is their best.  Most player won't make good coaches,,  most coaches won't be good head coaches etc.  Baseball is the one sport where  best managers weren't great baseball players.

But we ( owners )  keep looking,, trying to find the one who will be magical.  Maybe we'll get lucky like Miami or San Fran did..  or not .

Personally I think we need someone to right the ship.  If Harbaugh can come work his magic for 3 season and make us competitive again  I think that's huge.  We can't go another 3 years like the last 6.  The more a coach wins,,  the less an owner will meddle .

EXACTLY.  I think you hit it on the head. Winning puts the questions to bed.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-13-2024, 11:27 AM -
We all want to win. Personally I think we are just so very far away of being in a position of expecting to be competitive and winning on a weekly basis. I want to be that team instead of the team that happens to be on the any given Sunday list something weird can happen.

So my question is a simple one. What is our foundation? Thanks to Fitt, we have no QB or LT the two most important positions on the offense, we are paying a RT who is decent almost 30 million, Miles Sanders was lost this year .and will cost a fortune to get rid of, Chubba is in his final year. We have technically no Burns, Luvu, Brown in his last year possibly, Horn and Jackson who spend more time on the IR instead of the field.

I I say all this because I think it will take time to rebuild that foundation and as fans we have to be patient. Which I can be if I see future success instead of just stupid moves or non moves.