SUPER BOWL --- ODDS, PROJECTIONS, --- THOUGHTS ??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-05-2024, 08:01 AM -
IT'S TIME...

With the Super Bowl about a week away, I guess most thoughts are turning toward the classic "turf battle".  The 49ers are in the hunt. McCaffrey has been outstanding this year. Brock Purdy has done well. McCaffrey is actually the favorite for MVP. ---- The Chiefs are back in the "Big Game" for the third time in four years. You need only say "Patrick Mahomes".

The general consensus seems to be a close game. The oddsmakers seem to believe that the 49ers are the team to beat. They're about a 4 point favorite right now, depending on which sports book you believe.

Here is an interesting story about a 'computer model' picking the SB winner:

MSN -- THE SPUN: Computer Model "Picks" The SB Winner

So --- The Question.  What do you think.??  The fans generally are siding with the Chiefs (Slightly..?), but the betting line favors the 49ers.

I think the 49ers have a good chance to pull this off. Have to play the game of course, but Mahomes can't win by himself. They have a good team, no doubt. Still, the 49ers time may be now.....
This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 08:03 AM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
02-05-2024, 10:46 AM -
I'm sort of pulling for the 49ers. No real reason. But I think KC is peaking at the right time. Beating Baltimore and Buffaloe was impressive..

Coaches. Which is better ? SF or KC
QB , which is better ? SF or KC
RB which is better SF or KC
TE which is better SF or KC
WR which is better SF or KC
O Line,
D Line
DB;s
Special Teams ..

A lot of these lean KC .. But we know you can't win on paper,, you have to do so on the field.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
02-05-2024, 11:09 AM -
Been watching the betting odds...where I look they have been SF -2.5

I think I said most of this in an earlier thread. KC seems to be peaking at the right time.  Both teams are talented.  I think Mahomes experience is invaluable here..  I also think Andy Reid can out coach Wilks.  The SF D is not as good as last year.  Spagnola will frustrate Purdy and force him into mistakes.  Also the SF place kicker is shaky and thanks to Hurney KC has one of the best kickers in the game.

So...QB, coaching, defense, kicking...advantage KC. As much as I like CMC...don't he will get a ring this year.
Ladypanther

02-10-2024, 09:24 PM -
Line moved today a little.  had been 2.5 in favor of 49ers...now 1.5.  Just a sign of how bets are going.  I got in at KC +2.5.  My bets are small...makes games more interesting but of course it is nice to win.

Over/under still at 47.5...anyone have thoughts about that?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

02-11-2024, 01:46 PM -
(02-10-2024, 09:24 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Line moved today a little.  had been 2.5 in favor of 49ers...now 1.5.  Just a sign of how bets are going.  I got in at KC +2.5.  My bets are small...makes games more interesting but of course it is nice to win.

Over/under still at 47.5...anyone have thoughts about that?

The line has moved back to 49ers -2.5 (Chiefs +2.5). Word has it that BIG money bets are coming in favoring the 49ers. Six digit bets and some (one or two ??) as high as $1M ...

Haven't seen any change in the O/U.. I'm thinking it's a little low........ so I'd probably bet the OVER. (PROBABLY -- if I were a betting man..) ?????
This post was last modified: 02-11-2024, 01:50 PM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

02-11-2024, 10:09 PM -
OTOH…. What do I know…????
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-12-2024, 11:59 AM -
Wilkes called a great game early, but some of his late game calling was questionable. I feel like overall he did a great job, and held SF in the game, but when it was on the line it seems like his coverages were suspect.

Shanahan’s playcalling was fine, but execution was poor. KC’s defense won that game. I like watching Purdy, but he is truly a game manager. Like Cam said. Not to mean that disrespectful, it’s just it felt like SF needed a little more out of their O, and he wasn’t rallying them enough.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

02-12-2024, 01:21 PM -
(02-12-2024, 11:59 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Wilkes called a great game early, but some of his late game calling was questionable.  I feel like overall he did a great job, and held SF in the game, but when it was on the line it seems like his coverages were suspect. 

Shanahan’s playcalling was fine, but execution was poor.  KC’s defense won that game.  I like watching Purdy, but he is truly a game manager.  Like Cam said.  Not to mean that disrespectful, it’s just it felt like SF needed a little more out of their O, and he wasn’t rallying them enough.

AGREED --- It was a tough, hard-fought game. I really thought that SF was going to pull it out. Alas.... Not to be.  It was truly a Defensive struggle. Both teams played solid Defense.  One surprising stat line was "fumbles".  Unless I counted wrong, the Chiefs fumbled five times. Unfortunately (for the 49ers..) they only "lost" one or two of them.

I hate it for CMC. But a good game.
Ladypanther

02-12-2024, 06:40 PM -
(02-12-2024, 01:21 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 11:59 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Wilkes called a great game early, but some of his late game calling was questionable.  I feel like overall he did a great job, and held SF in the game, but when it was on the line it seems like his coverages were suspect. 

Shanahan’s playcalling was fine, but execution was poor.  KC’s defense won that game.  I like watching Purdy, but he is truly a game manager.  Like Cam said.  Not to mean that disrespectful, it’s just it felt like SF needed a little more out of their O, and he wasn’t rallying them enough.

AGREED --- It was a tough, hard-fought game. I really thought that SF was going to pull it out. Alas.... Not to be.  It was truly a Defensive struggle. Both teams played solid Defense.  One surprising stat line was "fumbles".  Unless I counted wrong, the Chiefs fumbled five times. Unfortunately (for the 49ers..) they only "lost" one or two of them.

I hate it for CMC. But a good game.

Both teams fumbled twice.  SF lost both, KC lost 1 but they also threw an int.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup/_/gameId/401547378

SF D played well...they came to play but it fell apart at the end. Mahomes did his thing. He is good.

Did anyone watch that amazon film on QB's?  The training Mahomes does is insane.

It was a great game.  
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

02-12-2024, 07:47 PM -
(02-12-2024, 06:40 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Both teams fumbled twice.  SF lost both, KC lost 1 but they also threw an int.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup/_/gameId/401547378
SF D played well...they came to play but it fell apart at the end. Mahomes did his thing. He is good.
Did anyone watch that amazon film on QB's?  The training Mahomes does is insane.
It was a great game.  

Truthfully.... I don't remember the specific plays. AND I don't have a DVR recording of the game, so I can't go back and look.....

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY --- the game is over and decided and it really doesn't make any difference.....

However, if you will go back and look at your link (ESPN) and use the "tabs" across the page near the top to go to the "Box Score" tab, you will see that the "official" accounting of the game shows a total of seven (7) fumbles. Now, I don't remember them all, so I truly can't say for sure.  But here is a "grab" from that page.... And a second one from the CBS/NFL partnership page showing similar stats.....

I don't know....  Does anyone remember these fumbles..??
Huh