Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

453 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
02-12-2024, 10:25 PM -
https://theathletic.com/5270200/2024/02/...oach-hire/

UCLA has named former player and assistant coach DeShaun Foster as its new coach, replacing Chip Kelly after Kelly took the Ohio State offensive coordinator job late last week.

“This is a dream come true,” Foster said in a release. “I always envisioned being a Bruin ever since I was young, and now being the head coach at my alma mater is such a surreal feeling, and I’m grateful for this opportunity. The foundation of this program will be built on discipline, respect and enthusiasm. These are phenomenal young men, and I’m excited to hit the ground running.”
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,699 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-13-2024, 02:03 AM -
Congratulations!! -- (I guess..???)

I have to admit -- I AM CONFUSED.  (Of course, some would argue that is a normal state of affairs for me.??)

Didn't he (DeShaun Foster) just recently sign with the Raiders as an OFFENSIVE coach of some sort.??  Seems like we mentioned it here maybe a week or ten days ago.??

Yep--I thought so.  Here it is:  https://panthersfanz.com/board/showthrea...aun+Foster

SO..???  How does this work, exactly.??  Foster jumps from UCLA to the LV Raiders. Then a week (??) later he jumps BACK to UCLA..???  SO...., Where is DeShaun Foster actually going to coach next year.??  My bet would be UCLA --- Wonder what the Raiders have to say about that.??

Maybe he didn't actually "sign".??  Maybe it was another example of a deal, signing, or contract that wasn't actually a "thing" as reported.???

"Things that make you go... Hmm.?"
Huh
This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 02:06 AM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

453 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
02-13-2024, 08:26 AM -
(02-13-2024, 02:03 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Congratulations!! -- (I guess..???)

I have to admit -- I AM CONFUSED.  (Of course, some would argue that is a normal state of affairs for me.??)

Didn't he (DeShaun Foster) just recently sign with the Raiders as an OFFENSIVE coach of some sort.??  Seems like we mentioned it here maybe a week or ten days ago.??

Yep--I thought so.  Here it is:  https://panthersfanz.com/board/showthrea...aun+Foster

SO..???  How does this work, exactly.??  Foster jumps from UCLA to the LV Raiders. Then a week (??) later he jumps BACK to UCLA..???  SO...., Where is DeShaun Foster actually going to coach next year.??  My bet would be UCLA --- Wonder what the Raiders have to say about that.??

Maybe he didn't actually "sign".??  Maybe it was another example of a deal, signing, or contract that wasn't actually a "thing" as reported.???

Huh

You are right.  He did agree to be the RB coach of the Raiders.  Not sure if the contract was signed.  Raiders either let him out of the contract if signed (the right thing to do for this opportunity) or UCLA bought him out of it.

Been a crazy year for coaching hires.  The guy who was just hired as the OC of Alabama just left to be the OC of the Seahawks. Chip Kelly leaves UCLA as the HC to be the OC at Ohio St.
 Under the terms of an extension Kelly signed with UCLA last March, he owes the school $1.5 million for leaving. Much of the sum of that buyout could be shouldered by Ohio State,

Kelly takes over the job just given to Bill O'Brien who left to be the head coach at Boston College.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,699 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-13-2024, 09:48 AM -
(02-13-2024, 08:26 AM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 02:03 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Congratulations!! -- (I guess..???)

Huh

You are right.  He did agree to be the RB coach of the Raiders.  Not sure if the contract was signed.  Raiders either let him out of the contract if signed (the right thing to do for this opportunity) or UCLA bought him out of it.

Been a crazy year for coaching hires.  The guy who was just hired as the OC of Alabama just left to be the OC of the Seahawks. Chip Kelly leaves UCLA as the HC to be the OC at Ohio St.
 Under the terms of an extension Kelly signed with UCLA last March, he owes the school $1.5 million for leaving. Much of the sum of that buyout could be shouldered by Ohio State,

Kelly takes over the job just given to Bill O'Brien who left to be the head coach at Boston College.

Fbwow Wtfsign 

AARGH——What a MESS.!!
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"