March Madness
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

453 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
03-23-2024, 05:51 PM -
Watching UNC vs MSU now.  Wow...the Heels were behind by 12 and finished the half up 9.

I am not from here...moved here a long time ago from Tenn. (BB was terrible in TN at that time)  I moved to NC at tourney time.  i thought people here were nuts....lol  Not being from here I can pull for several teams.  Love the NC St amazing run and hope they win later tonight.  I am a Heels fan and a Duke fan.

At the present time I am pulling for Duke, UNC, NC St. and Tenn. 

I love college sports.  The tourney is a lot of fun.  Really love it  when the little guys win.   How about  Yale....YALE...beating Auburn...lol.  And Oakland beat Kentucky. (By the way...Oakland is in Michigan)

Good times.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,699 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-23-2024, 06:21 PM -
Uh-Oh...

Psssssh....Dja hear that.??

That was the vacuum escaping from that "can 'o worms" you just opened..!!!

OhMyGoodnessGraciousGolly ---  ***Duck and Hide***
 Yourock
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

03-23-2024, 09:56 PM -
Well...all my teams have won so far.  A couple did not beat the spread...ugh (but there was plan b).

Again have to say...the NC St run is way cool.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-23-2024, 10:13 PM -
(03-23-2024, 09:56 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Well...all my teams have won so far.  A couple did not beat the spread...ugh (but there was plan b).

Again have to say...the NC St run is way cool.

AGREED...

NC State has ALWAYS been my 'underdog' of choice.  Years ago, I was a rabid NC State fan (when Jimmy Valvano was the HC..). That guy would make a believer out of you. RIP, Jimmy V.

More recently, I have tended to support Duke.  After retiring from the military and going into the education field, Duke has just appealed to me in a way no other team has. Top educational university with a top Div 1 athletic program. Player educational grades, scholarship all-Americans, graduation percentages for their team's players, etc., etc.  It's just impossible to fault a school like that.
Ladypanther

04-01-2024, 06:25 AM -
NC State keeps looking impressive.  They really have a great energy about them.

Now they are in the Final Four the 1st time since '83 and we all know what happened then.  Not going to bet against this team.  Tough test next Sat against Purdue.  The line is opening at +9.5 for State.

Also, don't forget the women's team...they also made the Final Four.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-01-2024, 03:23 PM -
NC State is a real sleeper. Opponents better not slip up and close their eyes for even a moment. In the final four, anything can happen (and frequently does.!!).

I sort of equate NC State to our Panthers. No one expects them to go anywhere, then BOOM.!!  Exciting times.!!
CoolDance Thumbsup
Ladypanther

04-06-2024, 07:09 PM -
Good run NC St. 
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-07-2024, 01:08 PM -
Da*n... BOTH men and women lose at the same point -- Final Four bracket losses.  NC State fell short, but a GREAT run for both teams.!!!

The women's title game, Iowa - South Carolina is going to be a burner. Caitlin Clark is TRULY the dominant force in NCAA Women's basketball right now. Gonna be a good game for sure. I expect Iowa to win, but it won't be easy. South Carolina's coach, Dawn Staley, undefeated this year with FOUR straight Final Four appearances. Pretty dominant team.!!!  Gonna be a GOOD ONE.!!

The men's championship game is a toss-up. (Well, the women's is too...). Purdue (and their BIG guy, Edey), comes up against perennial tournament powerhouse U-Conn. U-Conn always plays tough and I expect this game to be another tough one. I would normally give the edge here to U-Conn, but Zach Edey takes this game into a different space. Whoever gets hot down the stretch will probably prevail.

Both Championships are going to be great games.

WINNERS..???  I really have no idea.  But, I'll pick 'em.!!

Women's Championship --- Iowa
Mens Championship --- U-Conn

Now watch,  I'll probably miss both of them.!!   Bag
This post was last modified: 04-07-2024, 03:34 PM by Hobbit99.
Ladypanther

04-07-2024, 03:13 PM -
I agree with you Hobs.  Watching the Iowa/SC game now.  It is a good one.

Also was excited to read that Tenn just hired Kim Caldwell to be the next women's coach.  Of interest to me because I am from Tennessee.  Kim has a great record and am hoping she can get the program back to the winning ways we were used to with Pat Summitt.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-07-2024, 03:40 PM -
(04-07-2024, 03:13 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: I agree with you Hobs.  Watching the Iowa/SC game now.  It is a good one.

Also was excited to read that Tenn just hired Kim Caldwell to be the next women's coach.  Of interest to me because I am from Tennessee.  Kim has a great record and am hoping she can get the program back to the winning ways we were used to with Pat Summitt.

Kim Caldwell to Tennessee..???  !!!!!  OMG.!!

Caldwell is a GREAT coach.  Had to look up her record....

Do you know she has a  217--31 W-L record..??  THAT'S IMPRESSIVE.!!  I knew she was a terrific coach, but had no idea she was that productive.  Lots of NCAA berths and Conference championships as well (as you would expect with THAT record..!!)..

Tennessee got a good one..!!   Worship