Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-26-2024, 10:47 AM -
Big fan of Luke Combs here, and love his passion about Panthers football.  NC home boy and App State Alum.

Loved the interview and about fell outta my chair when they asked him what he thought of the Canales hire for HC.  He said, "I don't know what they were thinking when they hired the Offensive Coordinator from the team that had the #20th ranked Offense in the League" lol.

Pat laughed about it too

Fblaugh Worship

This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 10:50 AM by PantherFan007.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-27-2024, 02:43 PM -
I saw that interview right after it came out, he sounds like a FAN. I love it, even if I don’t agree with all he said
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-27-2024, 07:36 PM -
I'll have to admit, I still don't really know anything about Luke Combs. I am not a music appreciator (not really anyway..). I AM a music lover. So, I'll hold off on any comments about Luke Combs.  Unknown music guy... that's all.

As far as his comments... meh..so what.??  What does he know about the Panthers.?? Is he an 'insider' of some sort.??  My guess is he's just another guy with a big mouth capitalizing on his notoriety and his music "fame". I'm not the least concerned about what Luke Combs thinks.  If he is truly a fan, he will get in line behind his team and use his soapbox for the good of the team...

I guess...???   Huh
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-27-2024, 07:43 PM -
(03-27-2024, 07:36 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: I'll have to admit, I still don't really know anything about Luke Combs. I am not a music appreciator (not really anyway..). I AM a music lover. So, I'll hold off on any comments about Luke Combs.  Unknown music guy... that's all.

As far as his comments... meh..so what.??  What does he know about the Panthers.?? Is he an 'insider' of some sort.??  My guess is he's just another guy with a big mouth capitalizing on his notoriety and his music "fame". I'm not the least concerned about what Luke Combs thinks.  If he is truly a fan, he will get in line behind his team and use his soapbox for the good of the team...

I guess...???   Huh

Not at all.  Obviously you didn't listen to the interview.  Luke Combs grew up in Charlotte and was a Panthers fan from pretty much the time he was born.  He's a fan, just like us, nothing more and never tried to be.  He did play in concert last summer at the Bank of America Stadium.  And he has been to a bunch of games.

He went to Appalachian State University, and is a big App State fan as well.  

And he's hardly unknown by many, he's one of the top Country artists of the last seven or eight years.  He's very down to earth and unlike most of the "stars" out there.

If you don't care for his interest in the Panthers, and if you truly are a music lover, check out his (humorous) song, "When It Rains, It Pours" Listen to all of it, I think you'll be a fan. lol

And the little blonde he meets at Hooters at the end of the song is his wife, who he really met at Hooters lol

BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-27-2024, 08:18 PM -
They also reached out to him for the interview for doing exactly what we are doing on here
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-27-2024, 08:30 PM -
I think maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. OR... maybe I wan't clear. That happens some times, especially as you get older (like me..). So, for those who care..... I was not saying that Combs was not a fan.  I was just indicating that what HE had to say, was of no real importance to the direction of the Panthers, or to what anyone should think. He is just using his "bully pulpit" to influence people. Is he a true music artist.??  I don't know -- maybe.  Music is a lot like slimy, boiled okra or raw fish. Some people like and some don't.

And YES, I most certainly watched the interview all the way through, WELL... at least ONE interview, with Pat Mcafee. Combs is a "perfect match" for McAfee.  Pat McAfee is not my favorite 'personality'. He is constantly jumping around, like his ass is on fire, bouncing around, waving his arms, hollering, creating a scene. Constantly trying to make himself the center of attention even when he has a 'semi-important' guest on the show. The poor guest can't get a word in, because McAfee is always interrupting, hollering about something.... it's just too much of a "panic" for me.

What Combs had to say about Canales was one of the few comments that could be understood throughout the interview. What a mess.... It reminded me of a bunch of hormonal 18 year-old guys acting out around a bunch of girls.

What happened to a calm, question/answer type of interview.??  There are a few 'shows' out there that adhere to some small modicum of respect toward the guests and the viewers.  Pat McAfee is not one of them.

Luke Combs..???  I know nothing.  I'll take a few minutes and watch/listen for a bit.  But if the Canales comment is any indication, I will not be a Combs fan-boy.  We owe our team our respect, if nothing else.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"