Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,699 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-05-2024, 06:04 PM -
DATELINE:  Panthers Wire...

Latest information indicates that there are two more openings in the Front Office. One area scout, Michael Coe (northeast region), was let go and a senior "advisor" , personnel executive Jeff Morrow, who is retiring after twenty-six years with the Panthers and over forty years in football.

Quote:"A highly-respected and well-liked member of the braintrust for nearly three decades, Morrow had previously served as executive director of player personnel. He shifted to his senior advisory role for college scouting in 2021."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2024/0...chael-coe/
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,099 posts 690 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-06-2024, 05:35 AM -
Welp, I guess when a team goes a number of years and keeps striking out, it's time for fresh eyes to take a look at potential players. What we have been getting in both the draft and free agency hasn't really been working.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,699 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-06-2024, 06:43 AM -
(05-06-2024, 05:35 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Welp, I guess when a team goes a number of years and keeps striking out, it's time for fresh eyes to take a look at potential players.  What we have been getting in both the draft and free agency hasn't really been working.

Yeah, true enough I guess. These two are sort of anomalies though, I think. Coe has only been around here for two years, so he couldn’t have been involved with much of anything really. Maybe he had a poor work ethic or decided he didn’t like the traveling or whatever…???  And Jeff Morrow had forty years in and was at the retirement point. So, these were probably just ‘normal’ attrition. 

But, it doesn’t matter. Still two more spots that will require some attention (probably). Although I think Morrow, as senior as he was, was mostly just an advisor and might not be replaced. The northeast area scout, Coe, will have to be replaced.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,099 posts 690 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-06-2024, 09:34 AM -
(05-06-2024, 06:43 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 05:35 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Welp, I guess when a team goes a number of years and keeps striking out, it's time for fresh eyes to take a look at potential players.  What we have been getting in both the draft and free agency hasn't really been working.

Yeah, true enough I guess. These two are sort of anomalies though, I think. Coe has only been around here for two years, so he couldn’t have been involved with much of anything really. Maybe he had a poor work ethic or decided he didn’t like the traveling or whatever…???  And Jeff Morrow had forty years in and was at the retirement point. So, these were probably just ‘normal’ attrition. 

But, it doesn’t matter. Still two more spots that will require some attention (probably). Although I think Morrow, as senior as he was, was mostly just an advisor and might not be replaced. The northeast area scout, Coe, will have to be replaced.

They probably already have people lined up and are looking to start with a clean slate.  Probably Dan Morgan's decision.