• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-16-2024, 05:53 AM -
Fan Fest will be held in South Carolina this year.  Huh

https://www.panthers.com/news/facing-the...4-schedule

CHARLOTTE — The Carolina Panthers 2024 schedule has officially been released.

Coach Dave Canales' first year as head coach will include a trip across the Atlantic, a rotation out West and a date with the defending champions.

The team opens with a road game against divisional opponent, going to New Orleans in Week 1. The home opener is here in Week 2 against the Chargers, and new head coach (and one-time Panthers QB) Jim Harbaugh.

Of the Panthers first eight games, three are at home, and five on the road. In Week 5, the last two No. 1 overall picks will face off, as Bryce Youngand the Panthers travel to Chicago to take on Caleb Williams and the Bears.

In Week 10, the Panthers travel overseas, where the club has been making inroads in Germany, to face the New York Giants in Munich. That game will kick off at 9:30 a.m. ET, which will be 3:30 pm (CEST) local time in Munich.

After returning home and recovering from jet lag with a bye week, the Panthers will face the defending champion, Kansas City Chiefs in Week 12. The final two games of the regular season will be on the road against divisional opponents, at Tampa Bay and then at Atlanta to close out the season.

Carolina's three preseason games were also announced with the schedule release. There will be two road games, both in the cooler Northeast: the New England Patriots (preseason Week 1) and at the Buffalo Bills (preseason Week 3). The New York Jets will travel to Charlotte for preseason Week 2.

Of note, there are currently no prime time games (though that is subject to change) and no games played on holidays, with all 17 games scheduled for Sunday afternoons (with five in the 4 o'clock window). The club will also only have two sets of back-to-back road games, in Week 7 (at Washington) and Week 8 (at Denver), then another set to end the season (at Tampa and Atlanta).

The first two months of the schedule offer some opportunities, as they don't see a team that made the playoffs in 2023 until after the bye. They also have three games in the front half of the schedule against teams with rookie quarterbacks (Williams, Washington's Jayden Daniels, and Denver's Bo Nix) and another going through a change at the position (the Raiders with either Gardner Minshew or Aidan O'Connell).

Five of the final seven games are against teams that made the playoffs last season (the Chiefs and Bucs here, at the Eagles, the Cowboys here, and a trip to Tampa).

The Week 18 game against the Falcons will be at a date and time to be determined. Select prime time games are subject to change.

The full schedule is below:

All times shown are Eastern

[Image: attachment.php?aid=63]

The Panthers are also celebrating 30 seasons this year, and are inviting fans to reminisce on the club's foundations and traditions.

As an NFL expansion team, they hit the field in 1995.. As part of the 30th season celebration, the Panthers will sprinkle moments and memories of the past 30 years throughout this coming offseason and schedule.

Players will wear a patch on their game day jerseys honoring the 30 seasons. Additionally fans will notice tips to the 30 seasons throughout game entertainment, graphics and more during the season.

Fan Fest this year will be held in South Carolina at a date to be announced later.

The offseason period, leading up to and culminating in Fan Fest, will invite Panthers to return to 1995. Stories, interviews and experiences will give fans a glimpse into all that made that first season possible, special and memorable.

From unique modules to in-depth behind the scenes stories, everyone from life-long Panthers fans to younger and newer fans, all will feel like they are a part of the 1995 season.

Following Fan Fest, celebrations around the 30 seasons will focus on highlights from throughout Panthers history, including two Super Bowl appearances, Hall-of-Fame and Hall-of-Honor careers, iconic games and more.
This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 05:56 AM by PantherFan007.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
05-16-2024, 06:55 AM -
Schedule release video pretty funny:

https://www.panthers.com/video/paint-you...le-release

That schedule looks a bit tough...need to have a winning division record.  We could have had that last year if we had ANY offense.  Also need to surprise a couple of teams.
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
05-16-2024, 09:57 AM -
As the worst team in the NFL last season , I was hoping for an easier schedule ..

This schedule looks tough.

I'm looking for where the W's will come from.

Every year there are teams that were thought to be good that aren't , and every year there is a couple of teams predicted to be bad that turn out to be very good. Why not us .. We're due for a Magical Season. Where in November everyone says " I didn't see that coming from Carolina "
PantherFan007
Administrator

05-16-2024, 10:40 AM -
(05-16-2024, 06:55 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: Schedule release video pretty funny:

https://www.panthers.com/video/paint-you...le-release

That schedule looks a bit tough...need to have a winning division record.  We could have had that last year if we had ANY offense.  Also need to surprise a couple of teams.

LOL!!! That's great, thanks for posting it! lol
PantherFan007
Administrator

05-16-2024, 10:42 AM -
(05-16-2024, 09:57 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: As the worst team in the NFL last season , I was hoping for an easier schedule ..

I'm looking for where the W's  will come from. 

Every year there are teams that were thought to be good that aren't ,  and every year there is a couple of teams predicted to be bad that turn out to be very good.  Why not us ..    We're due for a Magical Season.  Where in November everyone says  " I didn't see that coming from Carolina "

The thing about every year is that nobody can count on last year for this year.  So, I care little about what other teams did last year, because we all know that top of the ladder can be bottom of the barrel the very next season.  Things change and pieces go away and are replaced by other pieces.

I'm hoping we at least go .500 this season.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-16-2024, 12:13 PM -
Video from YOUTUBE...

"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-16-2024, 12:43 PM -
HERE IS A BIT OF A "REACTION" VID FROM THE PANTHERS.....

Kristi Coleman; Dan Morgan; Brandt Tillis; Dave Canales; Derick Brown; Bryce Young. --- As the League Office calls in the schedule to the Football Operations team. 

"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
05-16-2024, 06:01 PM -
So.....the homer in me...being a glass half full kind of person like our friend Ocean...here are my predictions (if Dave is the real deal)

WEEK DATE OPPONENT TIME TV
1 Sept. 8 at New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM FOX W
2 Sept. 15 Los Angeles Chargers 1:00 PM CBS L
3 Sept. 22 at Las Vegas Raiders 4:05 PM CBS W
4 Sept. 29 Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM FOX L
5 Oct. 6 at Chicago Bears 1:00 PM FOX W
6 Oct. 13 Atlanta Falcons 4:25 PM FOX W
7 Oct. 20 at Washington Commanders 4:05 PM CBS W
8 Oct. 27 at Denver Broncos 4:25 PM CBS W
9 Nov. 3 New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM CBS W
10 Nov. 10 New York Giants (Munich) 9:30 AM NFLN W
11 BYE
12 Nov. 24 Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 PM CBS L
13 Dec. 1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4:05 PM FOX W
14 Dec. 8 at Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 PM FOX L
15 Dec. 15 Dallas Cowboys 1:00 PM FOX W
16 Dec. 22 Arizona Cardinals 1:00 PM FOX W
17 Dec. 29 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM CBS W
18 TBD at Atlanta Falcons W

13-4

Well...ok..that will not happen.  I had us beating Dallas because..well...it would be fun.  Ok, let's say we lose a couple in the South, lose to Dallas and 1 other (Chargers).  That is 9-8. So that is also a homer prediction.  I refuse to accept defeat until it happens!!

By the way...did you notice???? No Thurs night games.  Good!  Bad for the players.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-16-2024, 07:55 PM -
(05-16-2024, 09:57 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: As the worst team in the NFL last season , I was hoping for an easier schedule ..

I'm looking for where the W's  will come from. 

Every year there are teams that were thought to be good that aren't ,  and every year there is a couple of teams predicted to be bad that turn out to be very good.  Why not us ..    We're due for a Magical Season.  Where in November everyone says  " I didn't see that coming from Carolina "
I really have no idea. But, just saw an article on cbs stating the panthers have the third easiest schedule?
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,193 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-17-2024, 12:24 AM -
We do First. Last years records are just that, for various reasons. Hope for the best! Winning record is always a hope…