Started by Josh21

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-21-2020, 10:32 PM -
Raiders beat the saints, gonna b a weird season.
Jimbo-Diddly

7 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2020
09-22-2020, 11:48 AM -
(09-21-2020, 10:32 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Raiders beat the saints, gonna b a weird season.

I don't think so.  Saints over incredibly overrated.  Drew Brees hasn't been able to throw the ball beyond 20 yds the past 2-3 years with any kind of accuracy because of age and wear and tear.  and his season-long endurance is even weaker.  its why his worst games have come in the last 2 years of playoffs.  and now its catching up to him on shorter passes.

the guy is going to be 42 in a few months, Tom Brady is an exception as far as aging QBs who trains and conditions completely different from everyone else.  Most QBs hit the wall between 40-41 at the latest.  Drew already has but Payton smartly changed the offense in recent years to eliminate deep passes to mask Drew's weaknesses. 

And Raiders talent has been slowly building.  I still don't understand the deal with Derek Carr and Jon Gruden.  i've never seen a QB who seems so unwanted by the coach, yet every year he's still the starter.  so whatever works.  but Josh Jacobs is awesome, they have strong receivers and Carr is always a threat to playing well.  not sure they contend necessarily but i'm not shocked if the Raiders end up as "good"