Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-21-2022, 06:54 PM -
After all of the QB wrangling and jumping and all of the blather.... There remains at least one story yet to be told.
What about Cam Newton..??

Indeed. A question worth thinking about (and discussing..??). There has been some new commentary recently, and although the truth of it all is yet to be determined, there is a little "smoke" in the bushes these days.  The latest word has Cam being surreptitiously mentioned around the Browns camp. I think it is too premature to tie ANYONE to the Browns QB roster at this time. Any decisions along those lines will likely not be made until the final word has been played out on the "stage of justice" that is facing Watson. In any event, there may be some interest on the part of the Browns.  OR, there may NOT be....???  And even if the Browns ARE interested, who is to say if Cam would be interested.??

Here is a little taste of what is going around, courtesy of Panthers Wire.

PANTHERS WIRE:  Cam Newton & The Browns.....A Possible Match..??
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-22-2022, 05:01 AM -
It sure would make Game 1 even more of a spectacle. I don't think it'll happen, especially with them just signing Josh Rosen, but who knows?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

07-22-2022, 05:46 PM -
Game 1----Yeah, that's going to be all the talk for the next four weeks or so. Anyway, I agree with you. I think Cam is a non-issue as far as the Browns are concerned. He MAY catch on somewhere as a backup, or he may not. Only time will tell.....
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

07-24-2022, 06:15 PM -
According to Cat Crave, time is running out for Cam Newton....if he is in pursuit of playing this year...AND if he intends to get a full Off-season of work in before week #1.  While it's true that camp begins in about four days, there is nothing that says that he couldn't sign somewhere and manage to get prepared even if he missed a few days of camp. If it stretches out to a week or more, it would take a lot of work to get ready, especially if he didn't know the playbook or was unfamiliar with the team and players.

CAT CRAVE: Time Running Out On Newton...
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-25-2022, 12:23 AM -
I’d be willing to say the NFL has seen the last of Cam…
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

07-25-2022, 01:17 PM -
(07-25-2022, 12:23 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: I’d be willing to say the NFL has seen the last of Cam…

Yep.... I think you could be right.  I would not be surprised to see him show up somewhere as a fill-in though.  Any team could need a "guy" because of injury. I DO believe his time as a big-time, big-name "Starter" QB is over. He may stick around a couple more years as a back-up......maybe.