BRADY---WHAT THE H*** IS GOING ON WITH HIM..??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,699 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-25-2022, 02:47 AM -
Has anyone heard anything substantial about this situation.??  I just can't figure out the guy.  How can a 45/6 Y.O. man way outside his "prime" hope to play in the NFL and maintain a high degree of excellence.....without practicing with the team.???  He has been so good for so long, we just seem to nod our heads and go on thinking everything's alright.  But is it.???

How is that possible.??  Does he have something up his sleeve.??  Is this just a giant bit of misdirection.??
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

08-25-2022, 06:03 PM -
Come One---Come All...

There is news on the home front (The NFC South..).  Latest scuttlebutt has the Bucs getting ready to play their third pre-season game RSN (Real Soon Now..). And to further confound the proletariat, Tom Brady will apparently make an appearance. Bucs Head Coach, Todd Bowles, has announced that Brady will see some action along with ALL other able-bodied individuals. Actually, what Bowles said (apparently..) was "every healthy player will be on the field". This information as reported by The Comeback, while quoting Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. 

So there you have it... How modern day sports journalism works. Some writer/prognosticator from one organization (The Comeback..) quoting some writer/prognosticator from another venue (Tampa Bay Times..), who was supposed to be quoting the coach (Todd Bowles..). Said newsworthy information being handed (spoon-fed..) to us by a tertiary supplier (MSN, in this case..). So when I write this.... all of you are approximately four levels removed from the actuality of what happened or what was said.

Welcome to modern day journalism. A free-for-all where no pundit is responsible for anything.  But "wait", you say. "Is it true.??" ........ What.?  Now you seek veracity as well.??  ***Gasp***  The horrors of it all.!!

MSN--The Comeback:  Quoting Todd Bowles-- Brady To Play In Pre-season
This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 06:35 PM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,158 posts 61 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-25-2022, 11:31 PM -
U r a funny dude. N factual.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

08-28-2022, 11:27 AM -
Well..... Brady made it back to the Bucs. They claim he looks "good" in practice. I'm sure...What else would they say.
My thoughts = ***??????---, ?????.
This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 07:51 AM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-09-2022, 08:08 AM -
After watching Buffalo dismantle the Rams, I am of the opinion that the Bucs are "just another team". I think they are most likely to be an "also-ran" in the juggernaut of the NFL PlayOffs. YES, I know they have Tom Brady. And yes, they will probably (note I said "probably"..) be competitive in the Division. A lot will depend on Brady staying 'upright' and healthy.

But lets be honest. How many of us would actually choose Brady as a QB if the likes of Josh Allen was available instead.??  Not me.....   Josh Allen is Young, Big, Fearless, Strong, and can MOVE.!!  Brady is .......  Well....  None of those things.  Brady may very well be the GOAT.  But in today's NFL, 'stick a fork in him', he's done.  In order for the Bucs to contend for 'Titles" at this point, they will need the biggest, strongest, baddest support players in the entire league.  And they don't have them.  (IMHO..).
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-29-2022, 07:19 AM -
I started this "Way Back" in August before the season started by asking "What the H*ll Is Going On" with Brady.  Then around the first week of September I claimed (essentially..) that Brady was no longer the "force" he had been previously. I said this with good reason I think, based on what I was seeing from him and from other QBs around the league.  Well, as we move inexorably forward, the status of Tom Brady is starting to show some clarity.

In the last few weeks, Brady has been all over the news because of his very public breakup with his wife and VERY public figure, Gisele Bundchen. THAT spectacle has now come full circle in the last 24 hours.  Tom and Gisele have severed their relationship and are now "Divorced", "Single", "Unmarried" .... however you want to describe it.  This is unfortunate .... all breakups are. (USUALLY..). I am not here this morning to shout about this development. Rather, perhaps, to offer an attempt at "clarity".  For those who are interested, here is a little of the background story.....

TMZ.com:  Took Brady -- Gisele Bundchen  Divorced

Looking back on it, perhaps the early indications I observed and on which I commented, are now more easily understood. Brady has obviously been involved "behind the scenes" with this family issue. This most probably had quite an impact early on this year, and led to some of the wild speculation that was floating around the NFL storylines. His 'early season' activities were obviously impacted greatly by this personal upheaval.

It doesn't change what I think, but it does add a little clarity to the situation. I feel bad for Tom and Gisele, but like I said previously, it's past time for Brady to "hang up the cleats." This constant pursuit of "glory" has undoubtedly cost him enough. It's unfortunate he didn't recognize the "writing on the wall" sooner.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,099 posts 690 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-30-2022, 07:51 AM -
Happy Wife = Happy Life. And yeah, you can also quote the inverse.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-31-2022, 04:18 AM -
(10-30-2022, 07:51 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Happy Wife = Happy Life.  And yeah, you can also quote the inverse.

Yup...... And THAT is for certain.  Especially if she is a successful and beautiful model.  Brady should have stayed retired. When she told him that it was time...... He should have listened.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,099 posts 690 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-31-2022, 03:43 PM -
(10-31-2022, 04:18 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 07:51 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Happy Wife = Happy Life.  And yeah, you can also quote the inverse.

Yup...... And THAT is for certain.  Especially if she is a successful and beautiful model.  Brady should have stayed retired. When she told him that it was time...... He should have listened.

You gotta ask yourself, would you rather stay with a hot supermodel, or a bunch of sweaty jocks in a locker room.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-31-2022, 07:56 PM -
(10-31-2022, 03:43 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 04:18 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

You gotta ask yourself, would you rather stay with a hot supermodel, or a bunch of sweaty jocks in a locker room.

Yeah..... Brady was too concerned about his 'image' or some such thing.  According to Brady, "An Ego Is a Terrible Thing To Waste."  We KNOW which "head" he was NOT thinking with..... (Neither one..).
Tongue Rolleyes