Panthersfanz Forums
BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES (/showthread.php?tid=570)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES - Hobbit99 - 07-12-2022

***BAKER MAYFIELD STEALS ALL-PRO PUNTER, JOHNNY HECKER'S PANTHERS JERSEY***
OR
***JOHNNY HECKER RANSOMS SOUGHT AFTER JERSEY--MAYFIELD PAYS UP***

However you look at it, Baker Mayfield now possesses Hecker's jersey number. Hecker went to the mat with PJ Walker to get #6 when he arrived. Now he relinquishes it to Baker Mayfield.  No word yet on what jersey number Hecker will wear. There seems to be some indication that there may be a little musical chairs being played with Don Toner (Panthers Equipment Manager..). Numbers may start falling like dominoes..!!

PANTHERS:  Hecker Ransoms Jersey to Mayfield

RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES - PantherFan007 - 07-12-2022

Fblaugh  I thought it was a little funny when I heard him talking about it.  Wonder who got the best of that deal?   Rolleyes

RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES - Hobbit99 - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 08:40 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Fblaugh  I thought it was a little funny when I heard him talking about it.  Wonder who got the best of that deal?   Rolleyes

WELL.....Mayfield got what he wanted, so...??  I really don't think Hekker cares too much what # he wears.  He is a player's Pro. That is one guy I am secretly VERY pleased to have on the roster.!!

Thumbsup

RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES - Josh21 - 07-12-2022

Agreed.

RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES - Hobbit99 - 07-13-2022

***BAKER MAYFIELD IS A STAR...!!!***

Baker Mayfield has now done his first "presser" with the Carolina Panthers. Sadly... Fbcry It wasn't "live." Baker Mayfield is a "Zoomie"..!!!!  I guess he was too busy to come to the press location---or maybe they didn't want him there..??  I don't know.....

Anyway, he has managed to successfully promote Bojangles at least once in his first week in Carolina. According to "sources" available on the web, Mayfield makes about $10 Mil per year from commercial endorsements.  He doesn't need to play football...!! Of course, that particular pile of money would 'dry up' if his personna wasn't 'out there' in front of the public.  So, now Bojangles has jumped on the Mayfield bandwagon.  At least that's the way it seems....

PANTHERS WIRE:  Mayfield & Bojangles--"A Chicken In Every Pot"

RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES - coffee - 07-13-2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76kMTTSIwNA

"You complete me."

(07-12-2022, 06:53 AM)coffee Wrote: OK, here's a real clue:

Both players ended their careers being famous for sacks.  One of them was famous for giving and the other for receiving them.

I missed a good opportunity with this to say that Jesus was right!  Acts 20:35

(07-13-2022, 09:33 AM)coffee Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76kMTTSIwNA

"You complete me."

(07-12-2022, 06:53 AM)coffee Wrote: OK, here's a real clue:

Both players ended their careers being famous for sacks.  One of them was famous for giving and the other for receiving them.

I missed a good opportunity with this to say that Jesus was right!  Acts 20:35

YES..!!!  Perfect for giving and receiving....But especially "giving".
Nicely Done.!!

Someone needs to "RAZZ" Jake Delhomme about Mayfield taking over his chicken deal.!!  
Joker

RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES - PantherFan007 - 07-13-2022

$10M per year? Heck, I wouldn't get out of bed for that little pay lol Tongue (I promise you, I would definitely sleep in lol)

(07-13-2022, 06:10 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: $10M per year?  Heck, I wouldn't get out of bed for that little pay lol Tongue  (I promise you, I would definitely sleep in lol)

Ahhh...so THAT'S why you wouldn't get out of bed for that amount. Too tired from lugging all that money around.!!
Big Grin

RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---LATEST NEWS & STORIES - Hobbit99 - 07-21-2022

Well..... We all knew the information would come out sooner or later.... The types of incentives and the amounts involved that make up the "rest of the story" as far as the Baker Mayfield contract is concerned. We know Mayfield agreed to a 3.5 Mil. cut for this year, but 'incentives' could bring it all back to him....or so we've heard.

The latest information shows eight different incentives ranging from $250,000 to $700,000 each. These incentives all require a certain 'performance' level from Mayfield as well as a certain level of team success.  It seems unlikely that most of these goals would be reached, but ... who knows.??

As an example: Mayfield would receive an additional $250,000 if he plays 75% of the regular season snaps and 10 wins. On the "HIGH" end, Mayfield would receive an additional $700,000 for 75% of the regular season snaps and a Super Bowl WIN.  There are multiple other possibilities including a "Pro Bowl selection, "points scored", and "total offense" as well as others.

Here is the latest information according to Panthers Wire.

PANTHERS WIRE:  Baker Mayfield 'Incentives'.