Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

14 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-30-2022, 07:52 AM -
I liked Spencer Brown in the preseason and seriously thought he might make the 53-man roster.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-01-2022, 08:50 PM -
The Practice Squad "Musical Chairs" continues this week with several more moves. The Panthers have dropped CB Gavin Heslop and RB John Lovett from the current edition of the Practice Squad. In their places the Panthers have signed RB Nate McCrary and RE-signed LB Joel Iylegbuniwe. The LB guy (I have a lot of difficulty with his name--- I'm not sure why..) was just released last week by the Panthers. I guess they think he might have grown some in the time off.
Fbwow
PANTHERS WIRE:  Panthers 'Manage' The Practice Squad...
This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 08:52 PM by Hobbit99.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-02-2022, 05:09 AM -
I can't keep up. I imagine some little lady (or little man) sitting in the equipment shop burning the midnight oil trying to keep name tags sewed onto the backs of jerseys.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-02-2022, 08:44 AM -
(11-02-2022, 05:09 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I can't keep up.  I imagine some little lady (or little man) sitting in the equipment shop burning the midnight oil trying to keep name tags sewed onto the backs of jerseys.

I know that's true. Then confound the issue with a player name like Iylegbuniwe. The spelling is a wonder by itself. I can't imagine how to pronounce that name...  LOOK... I know it's his name, and he has to live with it, and we need to leave it alone.  However, this comment and others here are about the poor guys and gals who have to deal with it...... In the 'uniform shop', name tags, helmet decals, equipment name tags........and the poor folks in the broadcast booth. Iylegbuniwe is a handful to spell and I have no idea how to pronounce it.  I guess the folks who NEED to know will figure it out....  Maybe we should just call him Joel. That would work.   Smile
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-08-2022, 12:41 AM -
So, here we go again.... 

Wilks continues to play musical chairs with the Practice Squad.  It seems like it's sort of a "conditioned response" much like the good doctor (Pavlov) taught us our canine friends were capable of 'learning'.  As soon as the new week rolls around, Wilks goes into 'full manipulator' mode. I personally can't see the reason for most of it, but then again..... What do I know..??

So this week, Wilks has 'released' DE Delontae Scott, S Marquise Blair, and QB Jacob Eason.  It reminds me of a couple of "sayings" that could be better placed in a different thread, maybe, but they are particularly appropriate here, so we'll use them. Sort of like .... "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."  And/Or ... "Hate to see you go, thank goodness, don't hurry back."  I don't know.....????  Anyway, to replace those guys, Wilks has decided to sign WR Emeka Emezie, CB Gavin Heslop, and LB Kobe Jones.

Hang on boys.  It's a slippery slope you're riding.
CoolDance Bag Old