BRADY CHRISTENSEN TO IR - SEASON-ENDING (PROBABLY)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-15-2023, 10:42 AM -
I have had to have both of my biceps repaired, and although I know the NFL uses advanced doctors, my doctor is Dr Erik Johnson (ie; Official surgeon of the Carolina Panthers), and while the surgery wasn't that bad, he did have to reattach both of them and I was at least six months before I could lift anything over five pounds (or, that I was "allowed to").

Hate it for Brady, but hope he heals quickly and completely. And, unfortunately for him, the NFL is most often a young man's world, and when you suffer repeated injuries, it won't be long before a "young man" replaces you.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-15-2023, 12:03 PM -
(09-15-2023, 10:42 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I have had to have both of my biceps repaired, and although I know the NFL uses advanced doctors, my doctor is Dr Erik Johnson (ie; Official surgeon of the Carolina Panthers), and while the surgery wasn't that bad, he did have to reattach both of them and I was at least six months before I could lift anything over five pounds (or, that I was "allowed to").

Hate it for Brady, but hope he heals quickly and completely.  And, unfortunately for him, the NFL is most often a young man's world, and when you suffer repeated injuries, it won't be long before a "young man" replaces you.

YEP... I elected to NOT have surgery. Dr. said it would heal OK with time. But, when your arm fills with blood from your wrist to your shoulder and people look at you and say "OMG, what happened to you..!!" as your swollen, purple arm assaults their personal sensitivities..... Well, you tend to remember those things.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-15-2023, 01:15 PM -
NOTE:  I edited the original post to reflect this information.....

Brady Christensen announced today on Instagram that he had undergone surgery to repair a severe bicep tear. This will (apparently) end his 2023 season.

I HATE this stuff...

PANTHERS WIRE:  Panthers LG Brady Christensen Undergoes Surgery For Bicep Tear
Fbcry
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-15-2023, 03:10 PM -
Hate it for Brady (and us)…but just like 007 my neighbor just had it done and was told 6 months nothing over 5lbs. He even has the same doc.