Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-24-2024, 07:16 PM -
LATEST NEWS...

The latest information coming out of PanthersLand indicates that former Titans HC, Mike Vrabel, will meet with the Panthers on Thursday -- I guess that's tomorrow..??  No word yet on any interviews that might have taken place today, Wednesday.  Prior reports indicated that the Panthers would interview Dave Canales and Raheem Morris today (Wednesday..).  Have to wait on all of these stories.

PANTHERS WIRE:  Mike Vrabel To Interview For Panthers HC

PANTHERS WIRE:  Dave Canales & Raheem Morris  Interviewing For Panthers HC Wednesday
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
01-24-2024, 07:19 PM -
The Panthers brought in Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Dave Canales and Los Angeles Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris for in-person, second interviews. It felt like there was momentum building for Canales, the first-year play caller who spent nearly a decade with Morgan with the Seattle Seahawks.

But another grown-up has entered the chat.

The Panthers plan to interview former Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel on Thursday in Charlotte, The Athletic confirmed. That’s assuming the Atlanta Falcons let Vrabel leave town after their interview with him Wednesday night. The Panthers already have been beaten to the punch once this week, when the Titans worked quickly to wrap up a deal with Brian Callahan on Monday, a day before the former Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator was due to meet with the Panthers in Charlotte.

https://theathletic.com/5225609/2024/01/...n-options/

Vravel a late interest.  Maybe trying to drive up the price?  Also, since there seems to be a lot of interest in Canales, thought this was interesting:

The Panthers don’t need to be in a hurry to strike a deal with Canales: He hasn’t interviewed with any other team, though the Bucs could try to sweeten his deal to keep him in Tampa.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-24-2024, 07:21 PM -
Harbaugh to the Chargers. Next?
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-24-2024, 10:24 PM -
I hope we win the coaching search. No idea
Who will get it. I like Dan Morgan. He knows s these guys. DB, Burns, n Luvu earned $.

YGM also. Just mho!

(01-24-2024, 10:24 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I hope we win the coaching search.  No idea
Who will get it.  I like Dan Morgan.  He knows s these guys.  DB, Burns, n Luvu earned $.

YGM also.  Just mho!
This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM by Josh21.
Ladypanther

01-24-2024, 10:47 PM -
Just curious...why isn't Seattle interested in Canales.  Anyone have thoughts on that?  Also..we seem to be the only one interviewing him.  ??
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-24-2024, 11:11 PM -
Good ? Lp.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-24-2024, 11:14 PM -
(01-24-2024, 10:47 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Just curious...why isn't Seattle interested in Canales.  Anyone have thoughts on that?  Also..we seem to be the only one interviewing him.  ??

Good question...

With eight HC positions this year, and one filled internally (Patriots), that leaves seven to squabble over the available talent. Some of the HCs that were fired will 'reposition' elsewhere. At least one college guy will move in (probably..), that being Harbaugh. That leaves probably four teams in the running (maybe five..???). With the rest of the "names" available, it looks like there is more talent available than there are openings. 

My guess would be that with only one year of Coordinator experience, he just isn't that "desirable". If I were to ask the question like you did, I would have to agree with you. It would seem that Seattle might be interested. But apparently they are not in love with him either.  So... just a numbers game against stiff competition, maybe ...???
Huh
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

01-24-2024, 11:35 PM -
Since he was at Seattle for a while  and was credited (by some) with Geno Smith's success it is just curious that they seem to have no interest.  Unless they have their heart already set on Quinn. (And good luck with that)