PANTHERS QB ROOM---NOW (2022..) AND FOR HOW LONG??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-16-2022, 06:57 AM -
For those who are interested, here is Scott Fitterer and his comments about the QB room this year and what might be happening. It all seems a little too 'generic' for me. There is more to this story, we just don't know what it is.

PANTHERS dot COM:  Scott Fitterer Presser (Baker Mayfield..)

Huh
This post was last modified: 07-16-2022, 08:04 AM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

07-16-2022, 12:51 PM -
More general information here. The 'battle' between 2018 draftees, Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield is shaping up to be a good one. Almost all of the "talking heads" are saying that Mayfield is 'the boss' and in fact, there will be no real competition because Mayfield has the job 'sewn up'....maybe even 'guaranteed' to him if he signed on. And then there are a few of us who are willing to give Mayfield a shot with NO guarantees. Let the better performing QB take the reins.

As a point of interest, one former Panther QB recently was invited to take part in The Zach Gelb Show to discuss this upcoming free-for-all. Enter here, Jake Delhomme.  Interestingly, Jake takes more of a 'wait and see' attitude, but went on record saying that he thought Sam Darnold had an advantage going into camp. I'm not clear on why he thinks that....but he said it, not me.

For your reading pleasure, here is the commentary from Panthers Wire.

PANTHERS WIRE:  Jake Delhomme Talks About The Upcoming QB Battle.

Old Headbang
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-16-2022, 10:56 PM -
B, d, or c.

Competition. We haven’t had that in years!
This post was last modified: 07-16-2022, 11:01 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

07-23-2022, 06:11 PM -
SO... A "NFL Insider" is happy and sees a bunch of "logic" behind the Panthers--Mayfield deal.  Hmmm...... Well, maybe so..??? I doubt the Panthers would make another move like this without SOME reason. I suspect the real reason is not so much "logical" as it is a move toward relevancy for the team. I trust Scott Fitterer, generally. There would be a lot more trust if he weren't handcuffed to Matt Rhule.

In amy event, here is the report from Panthers Wire about the logical-ness of it all.... From NFL "insider" Albert Breer. (Please don't ask "Who is Albert Breer", cause I surely cannot tell you..). He's supposed to be a "senior" reporter for MMQB (..????..). I guess being old or "senior" is enough to gain the title of "NFL Insider" these days.

PANTHERS WIRE:  "Logic" Constrains Panthers-Mayfield Deal..??