QB DISCUSSION TIME--WHAT TO DO--WHAT'S NEXT..??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

32 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-07-2022, 07:37 AM -
(04-06-2022, 09:42 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Look… this may be unpopular opinion, but there are two QBs that I feel are going to be steals.  Matt Corral, and wait for it…. Sam Howell.  Sam Howell lost all of his talent, and still had a really good season last year, albeit at the risk of losing draft stock.  I think he’s way better than Pickett, who was a one hit wonder.  Howell and Corral both can make all the throws.  I’m not big on Willis, honestly not because of him, but because he pigeon holes us into the RPO offense.  ONCE he’s older, and can’t run as much, is he a true QB1?  We tried that and were left wanting.

AGREED.... This is exactly what I referred to earlier when I said I wanted a more "conventional" QB. Sure, the "flash" QBs look great .... for a minute or two. We had one. Cam, as good as he was, had no momentum to last even through his FIRST contract renewal. He was essentially finished after the 2017 season as a QB1. His good years were early in his career when he struck terror into opposing defenses.  Since then it's been DOWN....DOWN....down.  Without the strength and run threat he quickly faded into obscurity.

I would like a QB who CAN move, but is not driven to make a spectacle of himself. Big, Strong, and Quietly Efficient. Not afraid to take on opposing defenses and capable of making good decisions. You know, like Tom Brady, or Aaron Rogers, or even Ben Roethlisberger (GULP..!!). There are some others as well who are quietly capable and are building a great career......like Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford and even new guys like Justin Herbert and Josh Allen.  You don't have to play "dodgeball" and run around like your ass is on fire.  Good, solid quarterbacks can be quietly efficient.....
This post was last modified: 04-07-2022, 01:43 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB DISCUSSION TIME--WHAT TO DO--WHAT'S NEXT..?? - by Hobbit99 - 04-07-2022, 07:37 AM