My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game
Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-04-2022, 03:17 PM -
(10-04-2022, 02:57 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: So....... Baker benched.??  Hmmm...
That would mean PJ Walker would play.... Gosh, what have we come to....??

Actually, I think Mayfield will stay around. We don't currently have another QB ready to go.....only Walker.  As I've mentioned previously, I would LIKE to see Jacob Eason take some snaps.  Don't think Rhule is interested though..

(10-04-2022, 06:18 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Hobbit99

Well, I think we lose, but our Defense may keep us in it, or keep it close.  I'd be happy if it's close.  As far as Rhule is concerned.... I'm already on record saying he has some sort of an 'agreement' with Tepper (IMHO..). I think we're stuck with him through the end of the season.

To be fair, I said it’d be absurd, not that it wouldn’t happen.  It’s crazy how it’s going into week 5 and we feel like the kid who didn’t know at the end of the trip we are going rafting, and thus we don’t have a raft.  So we are scrambling around trying to pretend that the rocks are a raft, or a piece of wood, or anything.  All the while, the rest of the teams showed up mostly prepared and are paddling around us.  Our offense looks like it didn’t know the season was coming, and that’s bad.

You know, this is a pretty fair analogy.  Doing the same thing over and over, and hoping for a different result. Not exactly the best idea.....

It honestly reminds me of when I had soldiers who’d show up to the field, and not bring a tent or sleeping bag.

(10-04-2022, 02:57 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: So....... Baker benched.??  Hmmm...
That would mean PJ Walker would play.... Gosh, what have we come to....??

Actually, I think Mayfield will stay around. We don't currently have another QB ready to go.....only Walker.  As I've mentioned previously, I would LIKE to see Jacob Eason take some snaps.  Don't think Rhule is interested though..

(10-04-2022, 06:18 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Hobbit99

Well, I think we lose, but our Defense may keep us in it, or keep it close.  I'd be happy if it's close.  As far as Rhule is concerned.... I'm already on record saying he has some sort of an 'agreement' with Tepper (IMHO..). I think we're stuck with him through the end of the season.

To be fair, I said it’d be absurd, not that it wouldn’t happen.  It’s crazy how it’s going into week 5 and we feel like the kid who didn’t know at the end of the trip we are going rafting, and thus we don’t have a raft.  So we are scrambling around trying to pretend that the rocks are a raft, or a piece of wood, or anything.  All the while, the rest of the teams showed up mostly prepared and are paddling around us.  Our offense looks like it didn’t know the season was coming, and that’s bad.

You know, this is a pretty fair analogy.  Doing the same thing over and over, and hoping for a different result. Not exactly the best idea.....

It honestly reminds me of when I had soldiers who’d show up to the field, and not bring a tent or sleeping bag.
This post was last modified: 10-04-2022, 03:17 PM by BlackCatzFan.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My bold prediction: Baker benched after next game - by BlackCatzFan - 10-04-2022, 03:17 PM