Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-09-2023, 09:07 AM -
(11-08-2023, 04:43 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I think there is a chance this week, the Bucs and the Falcons.  However, we have to really deflate the ball and run the heck out of it. Otherwise a normal game plan and we are toast. It’s fairly clear we have the worse overall team in the nfl but on any given Sunday.

AGREED.... I think this week is our best opportunity in this stretch of four games. The Cowboys game is a non-starter (IMHO). The Titans COULD fall flat, but I don't think it will happen. The Bucs game at TB..??  Not much hope there either.  The last five games will have a couple more opportunities (probably). We'll see when we get there....

Bag
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

12-05-2023, 06:47 PM -
OKAY... We knew it would eventually come down to this point.  This is Week 14 (including the Bye..), and the Panthers will be playing the last five (5) games of the season in weeks 14-18. We're picking the games in groups of four throughout the season. This last set of "picks" will have FIVE games instead of four because.... well, because there are 17 total games and the last game, #17, has to fit in somewhere. So we add it to this last group.

How are we doing with our picks so far.??  Well, pretty good for the most part. Understand, I am not saying the Panthers are doing "pretty good." They are not. They (the Panthers) are actually doing pretty terrible. The Panthers record so far this year is 1-11.  My record for "picking" so far is just the opposite, 11-1.  I missed on the Texans game earlier, or I would have a perfect record. Of course, it's easy to pick these games when one team is SO bad the outcome is never in doubt.

PREDICTION:

Week 14:  AT - New Orleans SAINTS --- LOSS

Week 15:  HOME - Atlanta FALCONS --- LOSS

Week 16:  HOME - Green Bay PACKERS --- LOSS

Week 17:  AT - Jacksonville JAGUARS --- LOSS

Week 18:  HOME - Tampa Bay BUCS --- LOSS

I am going to finish out the season by giving away all of the rest of the games.  There are five games left, and by any measure the Panthers OUGHT to be able to win a couple of them.  If I were to guess, I would say that the SAINTS, PACKERS, and BUCS games could be winnable.  I think the FALCONS and JAGUARS games are a lost cause.

The SAINTS game will be interesting. Derek Carr has a concussion, has injured ribs, and has an injured shoulder as well. If he's not cleared to play, Jamius Winston will start. Their "Do Everything" stand-in, Taysom Hill, will continue to be a thorn in the side. Alvin Kamara is coming on too. I think we lose this game because we haven't played well in their dome except on rare, random occasions, AND because we will NOT be able to stop/hold Kamara and Taysom Hill.

The FALCONS game is a loser. We're just outclassed in this one. The Falcons are "tuning up" for the playoffs and are looking better each game. We don't matchup well with them and we have nothing left to play for... They, on the other hand, are playing for the post-season. I don't think there is any way we can compete with them. However, the game is at BofA, so if there was ever a 'chance' this season, this would be it. Still. this is the Falcons game to lose.

The PACKERS game could be a win. I say this mostly because the Pack are not a juggernaut this year. They are just playing in a sort of 'daze' at around a .500 clip. AND, the game is at BofA. So, home field advantage for the Panthers.  However, the Packers just took down the KC Chiefs in a dominant showing by QB Jordan Love. He CAN play the position. If they continue to play football like they did Sunday, we don't have a chance. To add insult to injury, the Packers just claimed CB David Long after being waived by the Panthers. These situations NEVER work out for the Panthers.

The JAGUARS game is a non-starter for the Panthers. I honestly can't see anything hopeful about this game. AND, it's at Jacksonville. Still, "on any given Sunday" applies here. So anything is possible. We will keep hoping for a "Miracle on Mint Street" even though the game is not on Mint Street.  This is the Jaguars game - No contest.

The BUCS game closes out the season. I have a feeling we will be praying for a quick and merciful end to 2023. Having said that, this is one of the two games that the Panthers COULD realistically win (the other is the Saints game..). This game is at BofA so another "home field advantage" game for the Panthers, although I doubt it makes any difference. I'm giving this game to the Bucs because the Panthers are worn down and pretty much hopeless by this time. Nothing to play for....

So..... There you have it. The last of the picks for this year. I wish it were different. There is always room for optimism, so we should continue to hold out some hope for a few good games and maybe a win or two. I don't think begging will help, but we could try that as well.

OKAY... It's now your turn. Hold forth. Let us know what you think.
Bag Depressed
This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 06:49 PM by Hobbit99.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
12-05-2023, 07:24 PM -
Well....the revised staff got their feet wet with Tampa and had a chance.  IF...there is some growth from that, there could be a couple of W's in the near future.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-05-2023, 09:21 PM -
(12-05-2023, 07:24 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Well....the revised staff got their feet wet with Tampa and had a chance.  IF...there is some growth from that, there could be a couple of W's in the near future.

We can only hope.  I like the running

Hobbit, I cannot pick the Panthers to lose these next 5 games.  I also don’t lie…  take that as u will.
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-05-2023, 11:16 PM -
I am also a hopeful fan, also a realist. If we could give da Bears the 2-3 pick that’d b nice. Lose NE, lose.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

12-06-2023, 03:20 AM -
(12-05-2023, 09:21 PM)Josh21 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 07:24 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Well....the revised staff got their feet wet with Tampa and had a chance.  IF...there is some growth from that, there could be a couple of W's in the near future.

We can only hope.  I like the running

Hobbit, I cannot pick the Panthers to lose these next 5 games.  I also don’t lie…  take that as u will.

(12-05-2023, 11:16 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I am also a hopeful fan, also a realist.  If we could give da Bears the 2-3 pick that’d b nice.  Lose NE, lose.

Old

I hear ya, Josh.  I am an empathetic idiot sometimes.  I actually don't think there would be much difference in 'what' the Bears end up with. It's more about 'what' WE gave up to get where we are.  Where the Bears end up in the order, matters not (at least to me...). You see what I'm saying.? Because we don't have a 1st round pick at all, where other teams pick just doesn't matter.

NOW... Let's visit the W-L "picks" thing.  So, OK....If you don't want to pick 'em, you shouldn't. I understand, and I don't advocate for lying ..... HOWEVER,  If you're not willing to pick 'em just because you don't want to say it out loud..... Well, I don't really think our opinions (any of us...) are going to affect the outcomes of any of these games.  I am hopeful that we could (MIGHT..) win a couple of them. If you read what I wrote, you can tell which games I think are more "hopeful" than others.  However, none of that means my brain is on a vacation. As much as I WANT the Panthers to blow up the Saints and the Falcons (AND the Bucs...), I just don't think it's going to happen.  My brain won't let me say stuff that it doesn't believe.  EXCEPT --- In jest, of course. But you'll know when I'm jesting -- or being serious, like here and now.
Sad

BTW... I am still interested in what you think about these next five games. Tell us what you think. Your honest opinion..... No reason not to say it. Don't be a fence-sitter, Josh.  Smile Taunt  Big Grin
This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 03:29 AM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-06-2023, 11:26 PM -
I had one, it got deleted.  I’m a mobile ap user.  Try again later.
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-08-2023, 01:14 AM -
All NFCS games are a toss up. We could win , or lose all 3. I’d love 2-1 against. None are imposing.

Saints - great roster, no togetherness.

TB, no identity/run gamer

Atl, great running. Suspect passing.

Our d is legit, o gotta catch up

Packers n Jags?  Highly doubt it.

2 more wins? We can hope.
This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 01:22 AM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

12-08-2023, 04:50 AM -
(12-08-2023, 01:14 AM)Josh21 Wrote: All NFCS games are a toss up.  We could win , or lose all 3.  I’d love 2-1 against.  None are imposing. 

Saints - great roster, no togetherness.

TB, no identity/run gamer

Atl, great running.  Suspect passing.

Our d is legit, o gotta catch up

Packers n Jags?  Highly doubt it.

2 more wins?  We can hope.

Hmmm... Interesting, Josh.

Actually, there is a lot of truth in what you have said here.  Just based on what you've mentioned, their W-L record, and who their opponents were, I would contend that the Falcons are the toughest and the Bucs are the weakest of our upcoming games in the NFC South.  The Jags are definitely the toughest overall. Green Bay, to me, is an unknown. I can't figure out what team they are going to put on the field next. They could be tough, or  they could just fold up and collapse like a worn-out ironing board. BUT, if they play for the next five weeks like they did last Sunday, we are going to be humiliated.

One thing I always consider is the NFC South..... Nothing is guaranteed. Those three games could go any direction. We could win two or three of the remaining games (hell, we could win 'em all..). Or, more likely, we lose them all or win one (or two??) maybe.

¿Quién sabe? ---  Confused   I'm on the record. I've told what I think. No reason to change that now. 
How confident am I ??   Hmm, Not very.... That is why we have to play the games.!!
CoolDance
This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 04:53 AM by Hobbit99.