• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

28 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-13-2024, 12:30 AM -
(01-12-2024, 12:53 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 10:56 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Please no Bill, please

Harbaugh over bill, don’t see either.  I’m wrong a lot.  Even w/ limited predictions.

Hobbit, very interesting?  That right?  Didn’t look it up, love words.  Origin?

Latin?

I looked back at the post... I guess you're asking about "miasma" ...???  Anyway, it's a little strange I guess, although it's fairly common usage. "A poisonous influence or atmosphere. Noxious emanations. Considered to be infectious or otherwise injurious." I haven't looked up the etymology.  I'll post it in the "words" thread.

And, 'Yes'. I agree, that there is little chance for either of them. However, I won't 'rule them out' because we have seen a LOT of strange things happen around here. Either one of them would be a very powerful HC. There would be no doubt "who" was in charge. I think both of them will be HCs in the NFL next year.  Why not here..?  Why not, indeed........
Huh
The fact that Belichick operates as GM as well as HC makes it all the more interesting.  One hire. No dissension between them. Only one person to blame.... UNDERSTAND:  I am NOT advocating for Belichick. It would be a terrible idea, I think.  But Harbaugh .... that's a different matter. I think he would straighten out this mess. With the right GM he would be a "force" to be reckoned with.
I meant tre interesant.  French I think.  But thank u on miasma, didn’t know that one either.

Common usage my bum…. Never heard miasma before. Heh.
This post was last modified: 01-13-2024, 03:04 AM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-13-2024, 04:20 AM -
(01-13-2024, 12:30 AM)Josh21 Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 12:53 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 10:56 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Please no Bill, please

Harbaugh over bill, don’t see either.  I’m wrong a lot.  Even w/ limited predictions.

Hobbit, very interesting?  That right?  Didn’t look it up, love words.  Origin?

Latin?

I meant tre interesant.  French I think.  But thank u on miasma, didn’t know that one either.

Common usage my bum…. Never heard miasma before.  Heh.

Hmm --- Okay, I understand. I'll explain in the "words" thread. Not really part of football. And "YES" you got it right. "Very interesting".
Smile
This post was last modified: 01-13-2024, 05:52 AM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-13-2024, 09:21 AM -
I am not advocating for BB to become part of the Panther organization! All I was saying is that we and “Tepper” needs someone like him. I can see him telling Tepper, you go run your millions you hired me to run football and that is what I am going to do and I don’t need your help. All said and done behind closed doors and not media announced.

I don’t see another person out there with those type skills. Now do I see it happening, no. Do I want it happening no and yes. It could just be the thing that turns this team around… meaning the Tepper connection only. Good decisions or not he is the only person who could make a Tepper a hands off owner… in my opinion. I don’t see the path to success with our panthers as long as Tepper and a Nicole are highly involved.
This post was last modified: 01-13-2024, 09:24 AM by Firstchance.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
01-18-2024, 10:22 PM -
BB getting a 2nd interview in Atlanta.  Looking like a real thing..  Will he get the band back together there?  I am betting on McD running the offense.  Will he also bring Matt Patricia with him?  Gee, I hope so. Bill does not trust new people. 

Welcome to The South boys.  Really glad to have you (in Atlanta).

Big Grin
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
01-19-2024, 01:57 PM -
Simple question . Do you want a new and upcoming, rising star without HC experience ?

Or would you rather have an experienced coach who has been successful as an NFL head coach in the past. ?

This is just my opinion and that's not worth a lot lol.. but after the last 5 years, we are at rock bottom or very close to it. Another 3 yrs of a bad coaching experience and we'll be there.

I tend to think Tepper might like to win more than meddle. I also believe a former HC might be able to have a back bone when it comes to standing up to Tepper. If he can come in and turn things around early, ( that means win some games , and win a game or two we aren't suppose to win ) then he can maybe keep Tepper in the owners box.
A less experienced HC could do the same, but I feel they would have less backbone and not stand up to him .

That doesn't mean I'd rather have Dan Quinn who has been to a Super Bowl, than say, Ben Johnson or Todd Monken .

Even HC who have been to Super Bowls might not have the backbone to stand up and tell our owner no.. LIke say Mike McCarty in Dallas.

So it's a tough row to hoe. I just don't 3 more years of bad teams.

Who do you think would stand up to the owner. I think Belichick would, Harbaugh would , I think Mike Vrable would. That may be why we aren't seeing them interviewed here. ( as of today anyway )
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

01-19-2024, 04:10 PM -
(01-19-2024, 01:57 PM)OceanPanther Wrote: Simple question .  Do you want a new and upcoming, rising star without HC experience  ? 

Or would you rather have an experienced  coach who has been successful as an NFL head coach in the past. ?

This is just my opinion and that's not worth a lot lol..  but after the last 5 years,  we are at rock bottom or very close to it.  Another 3 yrs of a bad coaching experience and we'll be there. 

I tend to think Tepper might like to win more than meddle.  I also believe a former HC might be able to have a back bone when it comes to standing up to Tepper.  If he can come in and turn things around early, ( that means win some games , and win a game or two we aren't suppose to win )  then he can maybe keep Tepper in the owners box.   
A less experienced HC could do the same,  but I feel they would have less backbone and not stand up to him .

That doesn't mean I'd rather have  Dan Quinn who has been to a Super Bowl,  than say,  Ben Johnson or Todd Monken .

Even HC who have been to Super Bowls might not have the backbone to stand up and tell our owner no..  LIke say Mike McCarty in Dallas.

So it's a tough row to hoe.    I just don't 3 more years of bad teams.

Who do you think would stand up to the owner.  I think Belichick would, Harbaugh would ,  I think Mike Vrable would.  That may be why we aren't seeing them interviewed here.  ( as of today anyway )

Agree with everything you said --- pretty much.  The three you mentioned are good examples of coaches with backbone who can stand on their  own merits and their record. I would add Pete Carroll to that list and Mike Tomlin, although I realize that Tomlin is still under contract with Pittsburgh. 

The "young guns" WILL get there, eventually. It's just a process and in the beginning their learning curve tends to make them more of a "yes man". They realize they don't have the CV to fall back on.  They can't say (to anyone..), "Look, I know what I'm doing. Go away, get off my back."  Until they have a few successful years under their belt, they are going to be very hesitant to stand up to anyone.

Success (for me..) next year looks like 'significant gains'. And I DON'T mean 4-13 or 5-12.  Short term success means a "winning season". We don't have to win the Division. We don't have to go to the playoffs. Just get me a "winning season".  PLEASE. 
Praying
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

01-19-2024, 05:15 PM -
(01-18-2024, 10:22 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: BB getting a 2nd interview in Atlanta.  Looking like a real thing..  Will he get the band back together there?  I am betting on McD running the offense.  Will he also bring Matt Patricia with him?  Gee, I hope so. Bill does not trust new people. 

Welcome to The South boys.  Really glad to have you (in Atlanta).

Big Grin

There's more news....

We've heard about Belichick's second interview in Atlanta.  Looking stronger there (Atlanta) as the days go on. Nothing solid yet about coaching staff..... BUT, there is one thing...

Belichick has been tied to $35M dollar QB..... Kirk Cousins is on a one year $35M contract with the Vikings. He has openly expressed a desire to work with BB... AND he's a Free Agent......  Nothing solid yet, but... ???

NFC South --- Getting tougher..
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-20-2024, 07:14 PM -
Belichick hired by the Falcons.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/new...349f&ei=19
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

01-20-2024, 08:38 PM -
(01-20-2024, 07:14 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Belichick hired by the Falcons.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/new...349f&ei=19

Hmm… I don’t think this is a done deal…YET.?? That article says “expected”, and most likely is correct. The last reports indicate that the Falcons are doing a second interview with Harbaugh next week AND interviewing Mike Vrabel as well next week.

It’s all likely a moot point, because I really do expect BELICHICK to get the job.

WHO knows.. ??
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-21-2024, 12:03 PM -
I’m certainly not the smartest. But I don’t think this can officially happen yet… even though I fully expect it to… due to the Rooney rule and I had read that virtual interviews would not be accepted in that rule?