Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-31-2024, 09:17 AM -
(01-30-2024, 08:51 AM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 06:23 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I heard on the local news last night before going to bed that CMC had made the comment somewhere yesterday, something to the effect of, "It's great to be where you're wanted after having been where you're not wanted".  Can't say I blame him for his sentiments.

Can't believe he said he was not wanted here.  He was our everything. Trading him was not a "we don't want you/like you" decision, it was a business decision which I did not and do not like. (When's the last time the Panthers made a good business decision or a good decision period?) In fairness i would like to hear his thoughts about why he could not stay healthy here and now seems very durable in SF.  To me that is curious. From afar one might think he did not want to be here.

He needs to be happy to be where he is and not throw shade at the Panthers.  We,the fans, loved him!

In his defense, (1) the move caught him completely by suprise, and (2) the news reporter on tv never gave proof of his statements, and (3) I searched all of CMC's social media and found nothing similar to what the reporter had stated.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-31-2024, 12:49 PM -
(01-31-2024, 09:17 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 08:51 AM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 06:23 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I heard on the local news last night before going to bed that CMC had made the comment somewhere yesterday, something to the effect of, "It's great to be where you're wanted after having been where you're not wanted".  Can't say I blame him for his sentiments.

Can't believe he said he was not wanted here.  He was our everything. Trading him was not a "we don't want you/like you" decision, it was a business decision which I did not and do not like. (When's the last time the Panthers made a good business decision or a good decision period?) In fairness i would like to hear his thoughts about why he could not stay healthy here and now seems very durable in SF.  To me that is curious. From afar one might think he did not want to be here.

He needs to be happy to be where he is and not throw shade at the Panthers.  We,the fans, loved him!

In his defense, (1) the move caught him completely by suprise, and (2) the news reporter on tv never gave proof of his statements, and (3) I searched all of CMC's social media and found nothing similar to what the reporter had stated.

You're right 007.... I searched all of the news reports as well as Twitter (X) for all of the pundits. Found nothing current that would apply to this statement. There was one statement by CMC along those lines but it was over a year ago right after he was traded. Yes, he said something like he was "happy to be with the 49ers", blah, blah... "glad to be 'appreciated'", blah, blah
THEN... McCaffrey came back on to one of the 'interview' style shows and 'clarified' the statements back in the spring (April - May..??) last year. He made the point that he was NOT throwing "shade" at the Panthers. He was aware that the fans were behind him and he appreciated the support, and he loved his time in Carolina. He was merely stating that his "trade" was a good fit for him, and had gone smoothly, and he was happy to be with the 49ers.

SO, as you mentioned, there is NO 'fire' here. No evidence that CMC said anything like that except WAY back, right after he was traded, and THAT was NOT aimed at the Panthers.  This is not a "thing".....
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"