#HeGone
Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

17 posts in this topic
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-09-2022, 08:48 AM -
(12-09-2022, 07:22 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Baker looked pretty decent last night.  Like I’ve said mostly all along, our problem is coaching.  Ben McAdoo does NOT need to be here next year.

What about Wilks? Isn’t he the ONE in charge and the ultimate responsible party. And I do agree the entire staff should be gone, imo… fresh start on the rebuild.
This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 08:49 AM by Firstchance.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-09-2022, 12:33 PM -
(12-09-2022, 08:48 AM)Firstchance Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 07:22 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Baker looked pretty decent last night.  Like I’ve said mostly all along, our problem is coaching.  Ben McAdoo does NOT need to be here next year.

What about Wilks? Isn’t he the ONE in charge and the ultimate responsible party. And I do agree the entire staff should be gone, imo… fresh start on the rebuild.

Oh, that’s a given.  He’s a good DC, don’t know if he has what it takes to be an HC.  I said in the beginning of the season, I want Ryans from SF.  Man has energy and respect just like when he was a player,
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-09-2022, 12:37 PM -
(12-09-2022, 12:33 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 08:48 AM)Firstchance Wrote:

Oh, that’s a given.  He’s a good DC, don’t know if he has what it takes to be an HC.  I said in the beginning of the season, I want Ryans from SF.  Man has energy and respect just like when he was a player,

Wilks built a great Defense here as DC before, but there was a reason he didn't make it in Arizona as a HC.  I like the guy, and he does seem a lot more knowledgeable now than he did before, but I'm not sure if he is the BEST candidate available.  Can I name anyone better?  Thankfully, that isn't my job.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-09-2022, 02:21 PM -
So here it is, Friday morning, and the forum is alive and buzzing because Baker Mayfield made a few plays for the Rams after being claimed off of waivers. Oh, what a fickle bunch we are. There is not a soul amongst us who was adamant, or even willing enough, to stand up and speak out clearly in support of Mayfield.  And NOW..... Well, I'm waiting for the tide to turn and fans and prognosticators to start in on the Panthers for making "such a poor decision.."  I can see it now..... "Should've kept him and got rid of ***".  "Should've given him more time...".  "Should've designed a playbook around him...". "Should've built a better O-Line..".  "Should've ordered him some football cleats with six-inch lifts..". "It wasn't Mayfield's problem...It was Wilks..". "Fire McAdoo--- It's the play-calling..".  Pick a subject-- Any subject will do. Then find fault with it and offer it up as an excuse.

Let's stop playing this "blame game". Mayfield played poorly in 2021 behind one of the best O-lines in the league. That's right. The Browns had a HIGH quality O-line, and have had for 4-5 years. Mayfield had that advantage while he was there. The Browns saw the writing on the wall. Mayfield comes to the Panthers after the Panthers have built a very good O-line. Once again, advantage--Mayfield. Mayfield had a couple of OK games, then 'bombed'. Now Mayfield is playing for the Rams. He started off with a good comeback game. So he gets credit for that. But THAT is all. Let's not crown him, or nominate him for sainthood.  He has a LOT to prove, and it's not going to happen this year.

Here is the truth.... Mayfield had a good comeback on Thursday. (YES..). Mayfield and the Rams beat the Raiders who are now 5-8. (YES..). The Rams record is now 4-9. (YES..). The Rams are in last place in the NFC West. (ALSO--YES..). What all of that means is this......  Baker Mayfield is a lame-duck QB. He has everything to gain...and nothing to lose. He can play and take all kinds of chances. He doesn't have to worry about "sinking the ship" for the Rams. If the Rams win every game left, they end up at 8-9. So, why not "let it all hang out".? Nothing to lose.!! He can run around like his ass is on fire, take all kinds of chances, and he will never be blamed for the Rams losing season.  The 'story' on Baker Mayfield has been written with the Browns and the Panthers......and will continue NEXT YEAR.  These last four games this year mean NOTHING.

NOW... I realize there is a statistical possibility that the 49ers and the Seahawks could lose a bunch of their remaining games and throw the division into turmoil if the Rams should win out.
BUT.... I stand by what I've said.
This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 06:43 PM by Hobbit99.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-09-2022, 09:30 PM -
Where on earth are you getting that?  I’ve never said “we shouldn’t got rid of baker” etc.  I HAVE said these losses are on coaching.  It was on mostly Matt Rhule, but even before Rhule was gone, I said McAdoo.  I’ve been saying for a while that McAdoo was not a good coach.  I wasn’t happy with hiring him.  I understood taking on Wilks, but he took over a defense built by McDermott the first time around, and one built by Snow this time..  He has YET to build his own defense.  But if you want to crown him, then like Dennis green said, “crown his a$$”.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction, I don’t believe Mayfield is anything but an average QB.  Our games are won and lost because of coaching.  CLEAN THE HOUSE. Rolleyes
This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 09:33 PM by BlackCatzFan.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

12-09-2022, 09:40 PM -
(12-09-2022, 09:30 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Where on earth are you getting that?  I’ve never said “we shouldn’t got rid of baker” etc.  I HAVE said these losses are on coaching.  It was on mostly Matt Rhule, but even before Rhule was gone, I said McAdoo.  I’ve been saying for a while that McAdoo was not a good coach.  I wasn’t happy with hiring him.  I understood taking on Wilks, but he took over a defense built by McDermott the first time around, and one built by Snow this time..  He has YET to build his own defense.  But if you want to crown him, then like Dennis green said, “crown his a$$”.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction, I don’t believe Mayfield is anything but an average QB.  Our games are won and lost because of coaching.  CLEAN THE HOUSE.

Hey BCF...

NOTHING in my post reflected on you personally, OR on anything you have said or posted at any time.  I will now go back and re-read it for content and clarity to be sure that I haven't said anything that I did not intend to say. I thought my post was clear and not ambiguous. I WILL however review it again. Please note the time of this post. I am not editing my previous post.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-09-2022, 11:14 PM -
Baker got a win, we play the sea chickens, go fellas!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

12-10-2022, 01:50 PM -
(12-09-2022, 09:30 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Where on earth are you getting that? (getting what exactly.??)   I’ve never said “we shouldn’t got rid of baker” etc. (And I never said you did..??) I HAVE said these losses are on coaching. (And I tend to agree with you---mostly.)  It was on mostly Matt Rhule, but even before Rhule was gone, I said McAdoo.  I’ve been saying for a while that McAdoo was not a good coach.  I wasn’t happy with hiring him.  I understood taking on Wilks, but he took over a defense built by McDermott the first time around, and one built by Snow this time..  He has YET to build his own defense.  But if you want to crown him, then like Dennis green said, “crown his a$$”. (Uhh..Okay. So you don't like Rhule, you don't like McAdoo, and you're not terribly fond of Wilks. So NOTED..)

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction, (I have NEVER accused you of not 'thinking'. "Knee Jerk" doesn't apply here at all..). I don’t believe Mayfield is anything but an average QB. (I agree...and I've said so multiple times..).  Our games are won and lost because of coaching.  CLEAN THE HOUSE. Rolleyes   
(THIS I am not certain about..).

OK...I've reviewed (and reviewed..) my post up there.  You are obviously upset (or maybe "concerned" is a better term.??) about the post although I honestly cannot understand why.  In any event, please reread my post and take note of the following: Para 1, 4th sentence. Beginning with "And NOW... Please note where I said "I'm waiting for the tide to turn... ...to start in on the Panthers... ...making "such a poor decision"" and continuing through the end of the 1st paragraph.  It is obvious I am "looking forward" and not saying anything about any individual or about anything any person has said or posted. This is merely a "look forward" to what I expect to happen....maybe...possibly. Who knows.??

Now, also in Para 1...note the bolded sentence. "Oh, what a fickle bunch we are." The "we" here is a personal pronoun, 1st person plural, in the nominative case. If you conjugate the verb, the infinitive is the verb "to be". This is quite clear and non-ambiguous. In this case it refers to ME, you, and everyone else who could, might be reading the post. No one in particular, just the collective "we". All of us.

In Para 2, 1st sentence: "Let's stop playing this "blame game"." Please note that "Let's" is a contraction of "Let us". In this case "us" is a personal pronoun, plural,  in the objective case. Objective case pronouns are used as 'objects' either 'direct' or 'indirect', or as the object of a preposition. In this case, "us" is the objective form of the nominative "we". So, once again, it should be clear that this reference is to and for everyone who could be reading the post. NOT directed at anyone in particular, just the collective "us". ALL of us.

The last two paragraphs of the post speak to Baker Mayfield and what I envision happening over the next month. A "lame-duck QB" in my mind is one who has nothing to lose. Reference a "lame-duck" politician at the end of his term with no hope of re-election and no way to move his agenda. THAT is how I see Mayfield. He has nothing to lose and the playoff "objective" is out of reach. He can't be held responsible, so might as well "let it all hang out".

I apologize if I have upset anyone..... BUT I always do my best to be unambiguous and clear.  And, once again, I stand by EVERYTHING I posted.