Started by Firstchance

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

20 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,759 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2023, 04:16 PM -
(03-11-2023, 02:29 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Forgive me if I have already shared this:
The Carolina Panthers may only be temporary holders of the No. 1 overall pick. The Panthers, who acquired the pick as part of a blockbuster trade with the Bears, are not ruling out trading back, according to multiple reports.
Whether or not the Panthers trade the pick will largely come down to which quarterback they want to select. The Panthers are currently trying to decide between drafting Alabama's Bryce Young and Ohio State's C.J. Stroud, according to ESPN. Panthers owner David Tepper reportedly favors Young, while head coach Frank Reich prefers Stroud, per Adam Schefter (h/t Bleacher Report).

We've just 'touched' on this a couple of times, but nothing of any consequence yet.  I can see how the thought of trading down now would be interesting. However, these situations are fraught with danger. You never know what team will decide to go "all in" at the last minute to get above you and just maybe 'steal' your guy. Besides, with as many QB hungry clubs as are out there, How far down would you dare to go. The Panthers could go down as low as 4th and still be guaranteed to get one of the top four QBs. But which one.??  Would there be three or four QBs taken in the top four.?? What are the chances you would end up with the ONE you want.....OR worse yet, one you DIDN'T want.??

Ugh...Unless you KNOW what the teams above you are going to do, stay put?... maybe but who do they pick.? A QB or maybe not. Maybe they decide to trade with another QB hungry team. That puts another team in front of you.

You better know, or at least have a real solid feel about the teams you would be letting in front of you.  I can't see another team telling you what they are going to do. And if they did, could you believe them.?? Are promises like this made between teams.???  Serious question..??
Sounds like a recipe for disaster.....
This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 04:18 PM by Hobbit99.