• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

80 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-21-2023, 03:45 PM -
Check these scores https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/0...ill-levis/

Stroud just lost my vote…
This post was last modified: 04-21-2023, 03:58 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-21-2023, 07:35 PM -
(04-21-2023, 03:45 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Check these scores https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/0...ill-levis/

Stroud just lost my vote…

Hmmmm....interesting.  I would LOVE to know (actually SEE) the real numbers from the test with my own eyes. I would also LOVE to know what, exactly, the "test" is supposed to measure.  NOT what some pundit says he "heard from a guy" who supposedly has a "secret source"who whispered in his ear because he didn't want to be identified.......

One thing here... These are NOT the actual scores.  Rizzuti is reporting what another guy (McGinn) said after a different third guy (or multiple guys)  supposedly told HIM, by word of mouth, certain score numbers. NONE OF THESE THREE GUYS HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN THE NUMBERS (as far as we know...).  This is what is called "anecdotal information". We have ALL been warned about this kind of thing since the start of the digital information age.

REMEMBER:  "A friend told me that ....blah, blah, and he should know because his brother-in-law told him that his dad knows a guy who works for the outfit who designed the test.!!"  Therefore, it must be true...

Well.... Sorry. I don't NECESSARILY believe this kind of BS running rampant around the pundits. I am sure that Rizzuti does NOT have access to those numbers. Nor does the guy whom he quoted, OR the guy who supposedly told HIM, by whispering in his ear.....

I am sure that the actual test has some validity. And I'm equally sure that the teams have access to the real numbers. But this is NOT the same thing. This type of thing smacks of "Disinformation" and/or a very real campaign to promote a player(s) at the expense of other player(s).

IS THIS REAL.??  Who knows.?? I read and laugh a little. I don't KNOW what is real and what isn't. I am NOT an expert. The difference here is.... I know I'm not an expert; I don't promote myself as an expert; I don't profess to know "stuff" that I obviously don't; I don't go around on "blast" telling everyone how good I am; AND...I don't "have a dog in this fight." I have no motive to promote any one player over another. The truth is, I don't really care. I just want the Panthers to make a good decision.

Remember... "Those who can, ... DO. Those who can't, ... Talk about it."  This is all just "background noise" designed to promote disinformation and anxiety......and generate "CLICKS" for the offending website.

OKAY --- Done. And in case you were wondering..... THIS is all just IMHO.

Bag Bag Depressed Depressed
Josh21
Posting Freak

04-21-2023, 07:53 PM -
I accept it fully.  Just sharing what I see.  Nobody “knows” anything.  Just posting crazy articles.

(04-21-2023, 07:53 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I accept it fully.  Just sharing what I see.  Nobody “knows” anything.  Just posting crazy articles.

Just a report I thought u Guys should see.
This post was last modified: 04-21-2023, 08:12 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-21-2023, 08:22 PM -
(04-21-2023, 07:53 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I accept it fully.  Just sharing what I see.  Nobody “knows” anything.  Just posting crazy articles.

Understood, brother.  It was not a response to you personally. Just my personal reflection on the state of "information affairs" as promulgated by the industry. No one seems concerned with accuracy. It's all about who can get their name "up in lights" on the giant "billboard in the sky." Nothing resource bound. No information justified by facts. No opinions justified by results that are demonstrably accurate and repeatable. 

It's ALL just "HYPE".  All of it. And there is a hint of an insidious undercurrent..... An attempt to sway judgement and public opinion.  I don't like it, and I'll continue to speak out against this type of irresponsible journalism. I refuse to fall into the target demographic of "Sheeple" who allow others to do their thinking for them. I prefer to think for myself --- thank you very much.

Joker
Josh21
Posting Freak

04-21-2023, 09:40 PM -
As u should.
Josh21
Posting Freak

04-22-2023, 09:49 PM -
I would love to see the real #’s.

Sorry I posted it now hobbit.
This post was last modified: 04-22-2023, 09:53 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-22-2023, 11:51 PM -
(04-22-2023, 09:49 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I would love to see the real #’s.

Sorry I posted it now hobbit.

I TOO would love to know the truth. Unfortunately, those scores were intended for the teams to use as a discriminator. I suspect that they will never be published. Depending on the agreement the players signed before taking the test, the results SHOULD stay private (Probably.??). It does a tremendous disservice to the individual player and to the teams who rely on the gathering of data.
The validity of the S2 tests results is now in doubt. Can you rely on anything published about it....now.?? Huh

STOP apologizing, Josh. Your post was perfectly valid and worthwhile. It "opened up" this line of discussion, and we now know a LOT more about the S2 and the "leaked" scores. These prognosticators don't do ANYTHING for no reason.  It's all about the dollars $$$.  Can you believe what they say because of the "money bias".????? 
I am afraid the days of responsible journalism are over.... long gone. Fbcry
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-02-2023, 09:48 PM -
Watching Will Levis the past two weeks. Titans have done a good job of developing him. He looks like the real deal. Poise in the pocket, reads defenses and blitz’s well, throws a nice strong ball and can thread the needle. Probably playing a few weeks prior to their original plan but he looks like a keeper that will
Make impacts.
Josh21
Posting Freak

11-02-2023, 11:09 PM -
Yes he does.
OceanPanther

108 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
11-03-2023, 11:45 AM -
Will Levis might be on the road to become a Hall of Famer ( probably not , but who knows ) ,, so I’m no bashing him.
No one is comparing him to Bryce , Stroud , or Richardson here,, but inevitably we do.
All 4 were drafted into different situations. I’m not sure which was the worst situation, but my guess is Bryce , based on his receiving corps. His o line was suppose to be decent,, yet it’s not. Stroud’s Texans weren’t so hot in 2022 either. For that matter, Levis’s Titans lost their last 7 in a row after being 7-3 .
So each QB is judged on results and not what team they were drafted by.
Levis throwing 4 TD’s in hit first game looked pretty good .