FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

67 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
03-20-2024, 06:28 AM -
(03-19-2024, 08:13 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Someone was asking (somewhere..??) if the Panthers were "done" in Free Agency.  I guess the two "signings" today answered that question. So, we added a WR and a LB today. Have to admit, this one (LB..) surprised me a little.  I'm totally NOT familiar with him. Maybe that's a good omen.!!
Big Grin

Looks like adding depth and Evero is getting guys he has experience with.  Good idea keeping Evero happy.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-20-2024, 11:35 AM -
(03-20-2024, 06:28 AM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 08:13 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Someone was asking (somewhere..??) if the Panthers were "done" in Free Agency.  I guess the two "signings" today answered that question. So, we added a WR and a LB today. Have to admit, this one (LB..) surprised me a little.  I'm totally NOT familiar with him. Maybe that's a good omen.!!
Big Grin

Looks like adding depth and Evero is getting guys he has experience with.  Good idea keeping Evero happy.

Kinda like the old expression, "The farmer grows what the farmer knows".  Oh, and "familiarity breeds fondness". Big Grin
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-20-2024, 11:45 AM -
(03-20-2024, 05:46 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 08:04 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Joe Person
@josephperson
·

Panthers have agreed to terms with former Broncos LB Justin Strnad on a 1-year deal, per league source.
Strnad, who was with Ejiro Evero for a season in Denver, provides depth (behind Josey Jewell, another ex-Bronco) and play special teams.

How do you even pronounce that name? LOL  "Strrrrrr-nad"?

WELL ..... Let's not worry about how to pronounce it..

Once again, counting chickens, eggs in a basket, no matter how you describe it... putting the cart before the horse can lead to different shades of consternation.

NEWS ON THE STREET---

According to NFL Network's Mike Garofolo --- The Panthers have now lost the services of LB Justin Strnad. He has apparently 'changed his mind' and has decided to return to Denver. Ahhh, the ever-present dangers of relying on supposition. Until it's signed and official, it's NOT a done deal.  This one lasted about three hours..!!!!!
Fbwow
LB Strnad 'Reneges' On Deal With Panthers
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-20-2024, 12:45 PM -
(03-20-2024, 11:45 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 05:46 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 08:04 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Joe Person
@josephperson
·

Panthers have agreed to terms with former Broncos LB Justin Strnad on a 1-year deal, per league source.
Strnad, who was with Ejiro Evero for a season in Denver, provides depth (behind Josey Jewell, another ex-Bronco) and play special teams.

How do you even pronounce that name? LOL  "Strrrrrr-nad"?

Once again, counting chickens, eggs in a basket, no matter how you describe it... putting the cart before the horse can lead to different shades of consternation.

NEWS ON THE STREET---

According to NFL Network's Mike Garofolo --- The Panthers have now lost the services of LB Justin Strnad. He has apparently 'changed his mind' and has decided to return to Denver. Ahhh, the ever-present dangers of relying on supposition. Until it's signed and official, it's NOT a done deal.  This one lasted about three hours..!!!!!
Fbwow

Was it something I said....??

Rolleyes Naughty
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-20-2024, 07:35 PM -
(03-20-2024, 12:45 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 11:45 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 05:46 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Ladypanther

NEWS ON THE STREET---

Fbwow

Was it something I said....??

Rolleyes Naughty

LOL   Big Grin 

Nah, I don't think we can blame it on you --- THIS time.!!

Joker
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-20-2024, 11:14 PM -
I like the seemingly simple plan! Plug the lines with big, tough, just maulers. Check. Added wr help. Still gonna draft some. Db? Lb, inside is ok. Need olbs. Please compete!

Drafting a ilb this year early would continue a trend. We plan ahead there. Dan, Beason, TD, Luke. 2-3 more. I’m sure I’m missing some. We’ve picked well there in the past. We usually have steady lb play, except last year - Luvu, balled out. Jewel n Shaq should do well. 2 green dot guys.

No matter what we draft, we prolly need it.
This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 11:28 PM by Josh21.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
03-21-2024, 06:16 AM -
(03-20-2024, 11:14 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I like the seemingly simple plan!  Plug the lines with big, tough, just maulers.  Check.  Added wr help.  Still gonna draft some.  Db?  Lb, inside is ok.  Need olbs.  Please compete!

Drafting a ilb this year early would continue a trend.  We plan ahead there.  Dan, Beason,  TD, Luke.  2-3 more.  I’m sure I’m missing some.  We’ve picked well there in the past.  We usually have steady lb play, except last year - Luvu, balled out.  Jewel n Shaq should do well.  2 green dot guys. 

I like that...it is a simple basic plan. Build a good foundation. Run the ball and stop the run.

If you remember Luvu was a free agent signing who had really under performed previously.  We got a not terrible, not great player cheap.  What he became was a nice surprise.  I hope Morgan and company can find some of those guys.   Going to be a key for our future. (Still bummed Luvu wanted to leave.)
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-21-2024, 08:34 AM -
(03-20-2024, 11:14 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I like the seemingly simple plan!  Plug the lines with big, tough, just maulers.  Check.  Added wr help.  Still gonna draft some.  Db?  Lb, inside is ok.  Need olbs.  Please compete!

Drafting a ilb this year early would continue a trend.  We plan ahead there.  Dan, Beason,  TD, Luke.  2-3 more.  I’m sure I’m missing some.  We’ve picked well there in the past.  We usually have steady lb play, except last year - Luvu, balled out.  Jewel n Shaq should do well.  2 green dot guys. 

(03-21-2024, 06:16 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: I like that...it is a simple basic plan. Build a good foundation. Run the ball and stop the run.

If you remember Luvu was a free agent signing who had really under performed previously.  We got a not terrible, not great player cheap.  What he became was a nice surprise.  I hope Morgan and company can find some of those guys.   Going to be a key for our future. (Still bummed Luvu wanted to leave.)

AGREED -- 
I believe that we are well on the way to a better year. Of course, nothing is set in stone. As the saying goes... "The devil is in the details." The problem is, right now, the details have not been put to rest. There is a lot of work to be done, even if most of the signings are already complete. Luvu is going to be missed. If Shaq comes back strong from the broken bone, and new guy, Josey Jewell, comes out strong, we should be okay in the middle. Maybe not 'top of the league', but... okay.???
Huh