Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-06-2023, 05:31 PM -
(11-06-2023, 11:45 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: Ok, I'm a Kelly's Hero fan,,  I got this from a friend yesterday as he laid on the beach,

[Image: 51ga50.jpg]

Uhh.... OKAY, I give up. What's the answer.??

WHY..??
This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 05:32 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-06-2023, 08:01 PM -
(11-06-2023, 09:10 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: We are just a really, really bad team right now.  And we could blame it on injuries, etc., but every team has injuries.  The Colts had injuries. 

And Bryce, yeah, I'm seriously not feeling it.  He looked terrible.

It's almost like he has zero pocket awareness.  You have to think and act MUCH quicker in the NFL, and by this time in the season I thought he would have advanced, but he really hasn't.

Even Cam Newton was busy setting records as a Rookie, but Bryce has simply underwhelmed.  He is a nice kid, he is smart, he is very mature, but I am beginning to question rather he will translate to the NFL level as a quarterback.

When you have a bad Offensive Line, you have to be mobile in the pocket, you cannot stand there and take sack after sack after sack. 

And, I'm not blaming it all on Bryce Young, there was plenty of blame to go around, but as I stated in a previous thread earlier in the week, it's like Bryce cannot see downfield, or at least doesn't look downfield.   We HAVE to have pass plays longer than three or four yard short passes. 

It's either on the Coaching or on Bryce, but I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

It was in the 2nd Quarter before we had a first down.

We did not have a third down conversion until two minutes before halftime.  How does a team account for that??

It was just terrible.  Stinking terrible.

Yea, this is awful.  Never imagined things would be this bad. It would be tough to find someone who does not think we picked the wring QB.  Could that get better...sure.  But Bryce is making the same mistakes...as you mentioned he holds on to the ball too long..does not process quickly enough...especially with this surprisingly terrible line. Someone needs to coach him better.  He needs to talk to no one but McCown.  McCown talks to Brown.

Players need to call a meeting ASAP.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,193 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-06-2023, 11:18 PM -
I’m of the ilk, we will not win if we lose the to,penalty battle. Simple. More to’s, we loose. We can’t overcome that now. Same with penalties. We execute, we got a chance. Mistakes n we lose. Simple. we are not good enough yet to overcome that stuff. We lose the to battle we lose. MHO
This post was last modified: 11-07-2023, 12:24 AM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-07-2023, 06:16 AM -
There part that turns my stomach sour is that if we continue this streak, we don't even get the sweetener at the end of the season by having the first overall pick. That goes to another unmentioned team that we traded up with earlier this spring.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-08-2023, 05:19 PM -
Here is some hopeful news:

Young is averaging 5.5 yards per attempt this season (the fewest in the NFL, and the fewest by any No. 1 rookie quarterback with 250-plus attempts in the common draft era).

Hopefully it can only go up from here… right.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-09-2023, 09:15 AM -
(11-08-2023, 05:19 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Here is some hopeful news:

Young is averaging 5.5 yards per attempt this season (the fewest in the NFL, and the fewest by any No. 1 rookie quarterback with 250-plus attempts in the common draft era).

Hopefully it can only go up from here… right.

Hmmm..... I don't know about that. This sort of reminds me of the guy who said, "...what could possibly go wrong?"  Or the other guy who said, "let's do it, it can't possibly get any worse.."  And we all know what happened next....
Fbcry
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"