Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
05-17-2024, 09:31 AM -
(05-16-2024, 07:55 PM)Firstchance Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 09:57 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: As the worst team in the NFL last season , I was hoping for an easier schedule ..

This schedule looks tough.

I'm looking for where the W's  will come from. 

Every year there are teams that were thought to be good that aren't ,  and every year there is a couple of teams predicted to be bad that turn out to be very good.  Why not us ..    We're due for a Magical Season.  Where in November everyone says  " I didn't see that coming from Carolina "
I really have no idea. But, just saw an article on cbs stating the panthers have the third easiest schedule?

Even though we were the worst last year,  because of what divisions we are scheduled against,  we don't get the easiest schedule,,  We can't play ourselves for example.

I've heard and have seen Panther media types projecting .500 type records for us (9-8). Some of that is them being homers. If we're .500 , I think it'd be great.

1 Sept. 8 at New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM FOX WIN
2 Sept. 15 Los Angeles Chargers 1:00 PM CBS WIN
3 Sept. 22 at Las Vegas Raiders 4:05 PM CBS LOSS
4 Sept. 29 Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM FOX WIN ,, first big upset and the media is circling their wagons.. " this can't be right " fodder
5 Oct. 6 at Chicago Bears 1:00 PM FOX WIN.. just for spite
6 Oct. 13 Atlanta Falcons 4:25 PM FOX WIN , Panthers home wins continue,, new sheriff in town, fans flock to BOA
7 Oct. 20 at Washington Commanders 4:05 PM CBS LOSS . upsets happen
8 Oct. 27 at Denver Broncos 4:25 PM CBS WIN , nu awleans west goes down
9 Nov. 3 New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM CBS WIN ,
10 Nov. 10 New York Giants (Munich) 9:30 AM NFLN Wir gewinnen,, Wir besitzen die deutschen Fans.. ( We win, we own the German fans ) Tepper now considers moving the franchise to Munich.. he likes the beer gardens
11 BYE
12 Nov. 24 Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 PM CBS LOSS.. first home loss
13 Dec. 1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4:05 PM FOX WIN
14 Dec. 8 at Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 PM FOX LOSS , road trip goes bad,
15 Dec. 15 Dallas Cowboys 1:00 PM FOX WIN.. and it's a rout ..
16 Dec. 22 Arizona Cardinals 1:00 PM FOX WIN ,, Arizona tanking ,, We take over first place alone in the NFC SOUTH
17 Dec. 29 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM CBS WIN,, we have more fans in Tampa than they do.. Clinch NFC SOUTH
18 TBD at Atlanta Falcons LOSS,, resting players , Week one BYE

12-5 WINNING
This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 09:47 AM by OceanPanther.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
05-17-2024, 02:47 PM -
Panthers, Patriots are underdogs in every game
By
Michael David Smith

The Patriots are underdogs by as much as 11.5 points, which is the line in their road game against the 49ers. The closest line they have comes at home against the Colts, when the Patriots are 2-point underdogs.

The Panthers’ point spreads are a little closer: The games in which they’re the biggest underdogs are at home against the Chiefs and on the road against the Eagles, when Carolina is a 7-point dog in both games. And the Panthers are 1-point underdogs in three different games, at home against the Saints, Cardinals and Giants.

Both teams are likely to find a win somewhere — an 0-17 team is always unlikely. But it’s hard to point to any team you’d feel confident saying either the Patriots or Panthers will win.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootbal...every-game

I kind of like the underdog thing.  Nothing like disrespecting a group of 'dawgs to get them super motivated.
OceanPanther

05-18-2024, 09:42 AM -
(05-17-2024, 02:47 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Panthers, Patriots are underdogs in every game
By
Michael David Smith

The Patriots are underdogs by as much as 11.5 points, which is the line in their road game against the 49ers. The closest line they have comes at home against the Colts, when the Patriots are 2-point underdogs.

The Panthers’ point spreads are a little closer: The games in which they’re the biggest underdogs are at home against the Chiefs and on the road against the Eagles, when Carolina is a 7-point dog in both games. And the Panthers are 1-point underdogs in three different games, at home against the Saints, Cardinals and Giants.

Both teams are likely to find a win somewhere — an 0-17 team is always unlikely. But it’s hard to point to any team you’d feel confident saying either the Patriots or Panthers will win.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootbal...every-game

I kind of like the underdog thing.  Nothing like disrespecting a group of 'dawgs to get them super motivated.

0-17 ,,   SURELY  HE JEST ..    We already know ( by my above predictions lol  )  that we'll steal a win against  KC  and lose to philly,, 

This may be another long season for us, but I don't think it'll resemble the last 6 seasons.  We will see a team that is much better. 
And if my predictions (  should I remind you,  12-5 lol )  work out,   Tryon St will be renamed  Canales Blvd .
Ladypanther

05-18-2024, 10:53 AM -
David Newton of ESPN (I know..neither are generally liked or respected by Panther fans) writes:

Bold prediction

The Panthers will win eight games. It doesn't get much bolder than this since they've averaged 5.1 wins the past six seasons and haven't won more than seven games in a season since 2017, when they went 11-5. But with the league's third-easiest schedule, a weak NFC South and a much-improved roster, the potential is there. Remember, they won seven games in 2002 coming off an NFL-worst 1-15 record.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/4009...redictions
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-18-2024, 10:13 PM -
I really have no idea how anyone out there in the 'ether' can actually develop a W-L scenario before the team players have even been decided, but they are doing it. I have quickly found six different Panther forecasts without really looking too deeply, and they all claim to have the inside dope. So, Dan and Dave, you better watch out. Your 'secrets' are being spilled across the Internet..!!  I fully intended to wait until "cut-down day" before bringing out my crystal ball.

BUT --- Since everyone is having so much fun with it..... Here is my way, WAY, WAY too early assessment of the Panthers season.

WEEK DATE OPPONENT TIME TV

1 Sept. 8 at New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM FOX - This one and five more are easy. The Panthers are gonna SWEEP the NFC South. So, NO, TB, and ATL -- you guys don't even have to show up. Division WIN #1
2 Sept. 15 Los Angeles Chargers 1:00 PM CBS - Jim Harbaugh has something to prove. Panthers go down to defeat. L (1-1)
3 Sept. 22 at Las Vegas Raiders 4:05 PM CBS - The Raiders are a machine... A losing machine. W (2-1)
4 Sept. 29 Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM FOX - Our kitty cat loses to their kitty cat... and it probably won't be pretty. L (2-2)
5 Oct. 6 at Chicago Bears 1:00 PM FOX - We gave them all our draft picks and our WR too.  SMH - tsk, tsk L (2-3)
6 Oct. 13 Atlanta Falcons 4:25 PM FOX - SWEEP - Division WIN #2 (3-3)
7 Oct. 20 at Washington Commanders 4:05 PM CBS - Toss-Up ... Heads you win, Tails we lose... L (3-4)
8 Oct. 27 at Denver Broncos 4:25 PM CBS - The Broncos Suck W (4-4)
9 Nov. 3 New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM CBS - SWEEP - Division WIN #3 (5-4)
10 Nov. 10 New York Giants (Munich) 9:30 AM NFLN - Because this one is in Munchen, and my old homies are gonna be there, the Panthers add this one to the "W" column. W (6-4)
11 BYE
12 Nov. 24 Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 PM CBS - The native americans are restless. I fear we may lose our top-knots... L (6-5)
13 Dec. 1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4:05 PM FOX - SWEEP - Division WIN #4 (7-5)
14 Dec. 8 at Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 PM FOX - The Eagles are fully fledged and soaring. There's just no meat left on the bone... L (7-6)
15 Dec. 15 Dallas Cowboys 1:00 PM FOX - JJ gets mad at Dak..the Cowgirls take over B of A. L (7-7)
16 Dec. 22 Arizona Cardinals 1:00 PM FOX - The Cardinals are SUCKIER than the Broncos W (8-7)
17 Dec. 29 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM CBS - SWEEP - Division WIN #5 (9-7)
18 TBD at Atlanta Falcons - SWEEP - Division WIN #6 (10-7)
So.... As long as we can SWEEP the division, we'll do good. If not....Hmm, might have to settle for five wins instead of ten.  Joker

The REAL deal..??  Right now, knowing nothing about our roster (or anyone else's)..... I think we lose to the Eagles, Cowboys, Chiefs, Chargers, Bengals, and Bears. We lose two to the Falcons, and split with TB and NO. The Commanders could go either way. So 6-7 wins probably although it could slip a game or two either way.  I reserve the right to make a fool of myself by changing my mind before the first game.....
Bag
This post was last modified: 05-18-2024, 10:15 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
OceanPanther

05-19-2024, 07:11 AM -
What we have here,, is a bunch of friends , who at the beginning of every season think ,, " so you're saying we've got a chance" mentality

We all know from whence we came ( last 6 seasons ) .. But every spring , hope springs eternal .. We enjoy it. A lot more than the front runners like KC .. they're fans are whining about how they could possibly lose..
Ladypanther

05-19-2024, 08:11 AM -
Yea...right now it is fun to be positive because we can.

One thing in our favor though.....this D is not starting over...the coaches and the plan continued from last year.  Returning players on that side of the ball are not having to learn a new D.  The D played pretty well..especially considering the injuries piled up and Evero had a MASH unit.  I was impressed how he handled that.  The D just needed the offense to score some points.....and to stay on the field a while. (Panthers lost 4 games by 3 points and one game by 7.  Last game was 9-0)

If Cananles can improve the offense...the Panthers will surprise some people.  I am excited about our rookie TE and our new receiver room.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-20-2024, 10:30 AM -
(05-19-2024, 08:11 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: Yea...right now it is fun to be positive because we can.

One thing in our favor though.....this D is not starting over...the coaches and the plan continued from last year.  Returning players on that side of the ball are not having to learn a new D.  The D played pretty well..especially considering the injuries piled up and Evero had a MASH unit.  I was impressed how he handled that.  The D just needed the offense to score some points.....and to stay on the field a while. (Panthers lost 4 games by 3 points and one game by 7.  Last game was 9-0)

If Cananles can improve the offense...the Panthers will surprise some people.  I am excited about our rookie TE and our new receiver room.

Agreed, and not only do I believe he will improve the Offense, he has been paying particular attention to Special Teams.  There was an article last week about the first day of Rookie Camp where Canales had Xavier Legette working with Special Teams as a gunner so he can understand that "any any time you might be called upon", and to know what goes into it if he is called upon.

I have never been high on young coaches, but after all the "older coaches" we've had, I think some young and fresh ideas might just be what we need to move forward.
This post was last modified: 05-20-2024, 10:34 AM by PantherFan007.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-20-2024, 01:45 PM -
Panthers are the ONLY team with zero prime time games.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-20-2024, 02:39 PM -
(05-20-2024, 01:45 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Panthers are the ONLY team with zero prime time games.

With our pitiful outings last year, I can understand why.