Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,334 posts 754 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-02-2023, 09:31 PM -
I'm hip.  I can dig it.  I've been leaning toward Will Levis for a while now.   Listening to Cowherd's arguments only cement opinions on him.  Give him five minutes of your time.  It's worth it just to "hear all, prove all".  

Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,029 posts 563 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-03-2023, 08:48 AM -
INTERESTING...

First... Let me say, I am NOT a fan of Colin Cowherd.  He is a self-serving, egomaniac who only WISHES he knew as much as he thinks he does.  Everything he says or does is for one purpose only.... That is to promote his own "celebrity".

Having said that, he could be right about Levis.  I LIKE Levis too. But the problem here, in this video, is his use of logical fallacies.  He uses several of them here to attempt to sway the viewer. One of the worst examples is the "False Dichotomy" fallacy.  This QB situation is not a binary problem, nor does it have a binary outcome. Cowherd represents the issues as strictly binary, when in fact there are multiple possibilities. The results or effects he preaches are NOT outcomes from an either/or cause.!!  False Dichotomy.!!  He also uses the "Hasty Generalization" fallacy, as well as the "Causal" and "Appeal to Ignorance" fallacies.  In other words, "If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, then baffle them with your bullshit."

In any event, again, he COULD be right about Levis' future success.  But it won't be because he had smart parents, or because he went to a lesser 'quality' university.!!  SMH...SMH.      He NEEDS to learn to moderate his tone and understand that when his mouth is closed he can't insert his foot. Bag 

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

That's the view from here.... All this ^^^ is just IMHO.. Old
This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 09:16 AM by Hobbit99.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,334 posts 754 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-03-2023, 09:57 AM -
There is an article this morning claiming that the Panthers are "All In" on Anthony Richardson. I'll find the link and post it in a bit.
Firstchance
Posting Freak

760 posts 85 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-03-2023, 10:13 AM -
As you all know, probably unfortunately, I have strong opinions when it comes to qb’s. There is no doubt that Levis has the size and the tools. But if one looks closely at his numbers he carries the baggage of lots of turnovers, both in interceptions and putting the ball on the ground. I personally thought he had a better 21 than he did 22. A big advantage for him is that he played in one of the most “pro like” college offenses that there is., so terminology and things like reads he might be the most versed qb in this draft. With the right coaching maybe he turns into a Phillip Rivera type qb but my guess is that ends up being another Carson Wentz who you hopes you can keep healthy. He is just no a game changer, again in my opinion. If we are going to draft a qb in the top ten they need to be that future game changer who will be with you their entire career. Hooker is that guy and probably available in second round…provided that he checks out completely from a medical standpoint…for the year after next. I still think Stroud has that possibility too but would rather have Hooker or simply do what I had to do next year to get probably five guys who could be that game changer. Enough first, shut up about qbs.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-03-2023, 02:20 PM -
(03-03-2023, 10:13 AM)Firstchance Wrote: As you all know, probably unfortunately, I have strong opinions when it comes to qb’s. There is no doubt that Levis has the size and the tools. But if one looks closely at his numbers he carries the baggage of lots of turnovers, both in interceptions and putting the ball on the ground. I personally thought he had a better 21 than he did 22. A big advantage for him is that he played in one of the most “pro like” college offenses that there is., so terminology and things like reads he might be the most versed qb in this draft. With the right coaching maybe he turns into a Phillip Rivera type qb but my guess is that ends up being another Carson Wentz who you hopes you can keep healthy. He is just no a game changer, again in my opinion. If we are going to draft a qb in the top ten they need to be that future game changer who will be with you their entire career. Hooker is that guy and probably available in second round…provided that he checks out completely from a medical standpoint…for the year after next. I still think Stroud has that possibility too but would rather have Hooker or simply do what I had to do next year to get probably five guys who could be that game changer. Enough first, shut up about qbs.

NO....

Don't shut up about QBs.  This is the one real question mark the Panthers really NEED to solve this off-season.
This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 02:20 PM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-03-2023, 03:37 PM -
WILL LEVIS -- Follow up

There are interesting articles around about Will Levis and "why" he is opting to throw at the Combine.  He apparently thinks he owns a "cannon". He is quoted as thinking he has one of the strongest arms to come out of the draft in recent memory.  Many comparisons to Josh Allen....

In any event, here are a couple of links to what he had to say.  He certainly has plenty of self-esteem.

USA TODAY:  Will Levis 'Throwing' At The Combine

THE SPUN:  Will Levis on His "Cannon"
Firstchance
Posting Freak

760 posts 85 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-03-2023, 05:13 PM -
Loved his time at the podium. Very confident.

On another note, not really sure exactly why but Stroud rubbed me wrong. Difference between confident and cocky.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-03-2023, 05:54 PM -
(03-03-2023, 05:13 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Loved his time at the podium. Very confident.

On another note, not really sure exactly why but Stroud rubbed me wrong. Difference between confident and cocky.

Yep… Isn’t it odd….. We think one thing and then something happens that gives us some insight that we didn’t previously have. Luckily, there’s still time before the draft. Pro days are coming, and personal interviews….. still plenty of time to get it right.

I heard Scott say again, that if you found a player, a difference-maker, you have to go up and get him. It’s going to be an interesting draft.