Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

611 posts 115 threads Joined: Oct 2023
07-23-2024, 10:13 PM -
https://www.panthers.com/news/cool-new-l...ining-camp

As the Carolina Panthers prepare to kick off training camp at Bank of America Stadium this week though, the club is making sure players are safe and as cool as possible, investing $200,000 in a cooling trailer for the edge of the updated practice fields in Charlotte.

"It's just another tool for the toolbox," Director of Human Performance Andrew Althoff said Tuesday, as he showed reporters inside one of their newest tools.

"Like we have pools inside, saunas, red light therapy, all that kind of stuff. So it's another tool that the players can use, put in their toolbox and help them perform at practice every day and then on game day as well."

The trailer can fit up to 30 players at one time, with the set temperature at a chilly 20 degrees. Stocked with sports drinks and towels, players can hop in during cool-off periods, the end of practice, and as needed for a quick cool-down, for a recommended two minutes.

Head athletic trainer Kevin King and his staff monitor players levels at all times and will make recommendations on the consistency with which players might need to visit the trailer.

"There's a lot of folks that are monitoring the athletes to see how they're responding to heat stress," King said. "So, our collective education…there's a variety of things that we can look at to understand their hydration status and their risk in the heat."

Perhaps the biggest positive the cooling trailer will add to Panthers practice is the ability to, well, still practice.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-24-2024, 08:08 AM -
Brrrr!!! lol

I saw that on the news yesterday and was glad they are doing something to help the players. I'm also exited about the new practice field and holding Training Camp in Charlotte. I may not be able to make it over there, but I'm thankful it's there if I can.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-24-2024, 07:22 PM -
Pretty cool idea..  Tongue

I have to wonder though...That 20 degree temperature. My question would be, Is that a Celsius or Fahrenheit temp.?? I can't see a 20 degree Fahrenheit temp inside that trailer, with notoriously poor insulation, no attic cooling/heating, and all of those windows..??  I would guess it's a Celsius temp, which would equate to 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Still very cool for a sports trailer coming in from 90-100 degree outdoor temps..!!!

Of course, I have no way of knowing. Might be Fahrenheit. That would be a FREEZER. 

Anyway, I love the idea of providing for the players.  Thumbsup
This post was last modified: 07-25-2024, 07:14 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

611 posts 115 threads Joined: Oct 2023
07-25-2024, 05:55 PM -
(07-24-2024, 07:22 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Pretty cool idea..  Tongue

I have to wonder though...That 20 degree temperature. My question would be, Is that a Celsius or Fahrenheit temp.?? I can't see a 20 degree Fahrenheit temp inside that trailer, with notoriously poor insulation, no attic cooling/heating, and all of those windows..??  I would guess it's a Celsius temp, which would equate to 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Still very cool for a sports trailer coming in from 90-100 degree outdoor temps..!!!

Of course, I have no way of knowing. Might be Celsius. That would be a FREEZER. 

Now just get the damn grass back on the field!!!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-25-2024, 07:11 PM -
(07-25-2024, 05:55 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 07:22 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Pretty cool idea..  Tongue

Of course, I have no way of knowing. Might be Fahrenheit. That would be a FREEZER. 

Now just get the damn grass back on the field!!!

ROTFLMAO... Thumbsup 

Yeah, don't know if that's gonna happen.  But we can hope.!!
This post was last modified: 07-25-2024, 07:15 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"