Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-26-2024, 12:12 PM -
Dave alluded to the idea of having to consider if you want an older experienced guy here, or a younger guy who can learn and conform to our culture and play longer.

That being said, he also said it would be hard to keep three quarterbacks on the roster, and that Jack Plummer made that decision more difficult on Saturday evening. 

Personally, I would just as soon have Jack Plummer and let Andy Dalton go.  I think Jack has more upside, where this is probably Andy's last year here anyways. 

I said what I said.  lol :)

This post was last modified: 08-26-2024, 12:13 PM by PantherFan007.
PantherFan007
Administrator

08-26-2024, 12:20 PM -
And by the way, Canales plans to make ALL of the cuts on Tuesday rather than in waves of several players.
Ladypanther

611 posts 115 threads Joined: Oct 2023
08-26-2024, 02:58 PM -
(08-26-2024, 12:12 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Dave alluded to the idea of having to consider if you want an older experienced guy here, or a younger guy who can learn and conform to our culture and play longer.

That being said, he also said it would be hard to keep three quarterbacks on the roster, and that Jack Plummer made that decision more difficult on Saturday evening. 

Personally, I would just as soon have Jack Plummer and let Andy Dalton go.  I think Jack has more upside, where this is probably Andy's last year here anyways. 

That's interesting. Cutting Dalton would be a bold move.  Might also apply to a player like Jordan Matthews.. Speaking of TEs...I know Ian Thomas  is supposed to be a good blocker....but ......
PantherFan007
Administrator

08-26-2024, 04:59 PM -
(08-26-2024, 02:58 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:12 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Dave alluded to the idea of having to consider if you want an older experienced guy here, or a younger guy who can learn and conform to our culture and play longer.

That's interesting. Cutting Dalton would be a bold move.  Might also apply to a player like Jordan Matthews.. Speaking of TEs...I know Ian Thomas  is supposed to be a good blocker....but ......

I have a strong feeling that Ian Thomas is gone.  I have hardly heard his name mentioned this offseason.  I also think Jordan Matthews did enough in the preseason for him to stay.

And yeah, it would be a very bold move to cut Dalton, but these days anything is possible, or so it seems.