Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

453 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
04-07-2024, 04:03 PM -
(04-07-2024, 03:40 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 03:13 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: I agree with you Hobs.  Watching the Iowa/SC game now.  It is a good one.

Also was excited to read that Tenn just hired Kim Caldwell to be the next women's coach.  Of interest to me because I am from Tennessee.  Kim has a great record and am hoping she can get the program back to the winning ways we were used to with Pat Summitt.

Kim Caldwell to Tennessee..???  !!!!!  OMG.!!

Caldwell is a GREAT coach.  Had to look up her record....

Do you know she has a  217--31 W-L record..??  THAT'S IMPRESSIVE.!!  I knew she was a terrific coach, but had no idea she was that productive.  Lots of NCAA berths and Conference championships as well (as you would expect with THAT record..!!)..

Tennessee got a good one..!!   Worship

Yep...Marshall was picked to be 9th in their conference...enter Kim Caldwell...

Caldwell, who spent this past season at Marshall, reinvigorating a program that had been down. In her lone season as head coach, Marshall won the Sun Belt championship, set a record for most wins in school history (26) and made the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1997.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask...-new-coach

Before going to Marshall, Caldwell spent seven seasons at her alma mater, Division II Glenville State, winning the 2022 Division II national championship. That same year, she won the Pat Summitt Trophy as the WBCA NCAA Division II National Coach of the Year.

Excited to see what she brings to Tenn.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,699 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-07-2024, 05:13 PM -
(04-07-2024, 04:03 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 03:40 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Tennessee got a good one..!!  

Yep...Marshall was picked to be 9th in their conference...enter Kim Caldwell...

Caldwell, who spent this past season at Marshall, reinvigorating a program that had been down. In her lone season as head coach, Marshall won the Sun Belt championship, set a record for most wins in school history (26) and made the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1997.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask...-new-coach

Before going to Marshall, Caldwell spent seven seasons at her alma mater, Division II Glenville State, winning the 2022 Division II national championship. That same year, she won the Pat Summitt Trophy as the WBCA NCAA Division II National Coach of the Year.

Excited to see what she brings to Tenn.

Yes... Marshall was good for Caldwell as much as Caldwell was good for Marshall....  

Now, after a couple of great runs at smaller schools, she has a lot of experience and a terrific record of accomplishment. That stat line up there^^^  is hard to beat at any level. She is going to do a great job for Tenn.  So much of what happens with the BIG schools (Tenn. - unlike Marshall..), is dependent on history and the ability of the school to attract high quality talent. It may take a couple of years, but she will make good.  I'm a Caldwell fan... As much as you can be a fan of a HC..!!!
Worship
This post was last modified: 04-07-2024, 05:16 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"