Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

35 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-24-2023, 08:36 PM -
Airplane! Is awesome.

Any thoughts of the roster moves this week?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-24-2023, 09:08 PM -
Gosh, I don’t know Josh. My gut tells me that we will make a move. But that might just be gas. It would be either a big move or a little move, I think. Wrong timing for a mid-level move. So , I would look for Burns to leave possibly. Can’t see anyone else going. Might pick up a backup CB.
I really don’t know. Because of his demands, I could see Burns leaving. Anything else would be strictly a guess.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-24-2023, 10:18 PM -
We I meant the 6 moves made.  Trades will/won’t happen.  No insight here on that.  New guys + ir/cuts what I meant.  Seems to shore us up a lil.  What happened to YGM?  Missed that one.

Oh, don’t trade Burns.  Just a thought.  3 1sts seems right…

No shade meant.
This post was last modified: 10-24-2023, 10:50 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-24-2023, 11:21 PM -
(10-24-2023, 10:18 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I meant the 6 moves made.  Trades will/won’t happen.  No insight here on that.  New guys + ir/cuts what I meant.  Seems to shore us up a lil.  What happened to YGM?  Missed that one.

Oh, don’t trade Burns.  Just a thought.  3 1sts seems right…

Oh, LOL, I thought you were talking about the trade deadline.  YGM had a hamstring after last game. No one talked about it much and I thought it was just a little pull. Must have been more than that.  I fully expected Corbett to be activated this week. They had a 21 day window after being okayed to practice. If they hadn't activated him, they would have had to put him on "season-ending" IR. No other option. Chinn was a bit of a surprise too, although we knew his Quad was serious after the Phins game....Still, a bit of a surprise. Ricci is pretty much a non-issue. Never plays much except on ST, although still a surprise to see him go to IR.

Actually, i think the team is "playing" a little with the guys and the IR list. Thay're taking advantage of every opportunity to fill a slot by moving even lightly injured guys to IR rather than hold them on the active 53. The downside is you lose them for at least four weeks. Maybe it's worth the gamble. The two new guys...meh, who knows. Both of them were just PS guys. Can't remember their names right now, but one was an O-Line guy and the other was some kind of a Defense guy. The problem with scalping another team's PS is.... Those players MUST be signed to the active 53 roster for at least 21 days. Because we had to sign them to the "active", both of those guys will probably see a little action. Can't really hope for much though, IMO. PS guys are everywhere. You lose some, you gain some. Generally, they won't have a lot of impact in the short term. If they turn out to be an "impactful" player we'll be lucky, and we'll keep them on the active roster I guess. Right now we will take almost anyone who can play.!!

I still think we will see one move before the trade deadline...... We will never get three 1sts for Burns. Not worth it (IMHO).  Maybe a 1st and a 2nd. ----- But, what do I know..???
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-25-2023, 07:42 AM -
(10-23-2023, 10:17 PM)Josh21 Wrote: If SF can lose to Cle n Min in consecutive weeks, no reason we can’t start competing (First, n Hobbit)!

By the way.....49ers fans are calling for Wilks head. His D let the Vikes push them around.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-25-2023, 11:52 AM -
(10-25-2023, 07:42 AM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 10:17 PM)Josh21 Wrote: If SF can lose to Cle n Min in consecutive weeks, no reason we can’t start competing (First, n Hobbit)!

By the way.....49ers fans are calling for Wilks head. His D let the Vikes push them around.

You're right LP... Bur interestingly enough, Brock Purdy is also catching a LOT of flack because of a lack of leadership and a dearth of late-game playmaking against OPFOR that a true NFL QB leader would at least make a passable attempt at subduing. Of course, an alert commenter should note that Purdy was definitely "playing up" from where he was drafted, considering that he was the LAST player selected in the 7th round at #262 in 2022. You can't get any lower than that without being a UDFA.....

My personal opinion is Brock Purdy is another one of those guys who have taken advantage of a scheme and coaching staff headed by Kyle Shanahan. The league is figuring him out and he has a lack of talent and ability to fall back on when the scheme starts to fold under pressure and the coaching staff can't make the pressure plays for him. He's done well under Shanahan and that Offensive juggernaut. Unfortunately, when the league figures it out, the reward for Purdy may be a SHORT career.

And Wilks is probably "OK" as a D-Coordinator, but may lack the "fire" and "drive" to ignite the Defense when playing quality opponents.
Dodgy 
Bag
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-25-2023, 04:02 PM -
Tried to reply but don’t think it worked. So here goes again.

Prediction Burns to Ravens for a 1st and 3rd. (Or a round 5 comp pick next draft)…

I do wish we would go ahead a wrap Luvu up on a 3-4 even 5 year deal. Best I can tell he has not said no in season negotiations…just let the agent work his thing.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-25-2023, 05:04 PM -
First...

So, why are you thinking Ravens.?? Have you heard/read something.??
Firstchance

10-25-2023, 06:43 PM -
Simply gut since they are outside our conference and league and he reminds me of a Ravens type guy. But purely a HUNCH. I could also Miles Sanders to the Ravens. Sanders has a little more value because of the contract but I’m still thinking maybe a 4th.

All I have seen from somewhat reliable sources, cbs, is Donta Jackson to SF (I would love that) and Burns to the Lions.

But whoever writes it, it’s just pure speculation.

On a side note, there is also no report that Bryce gained 4 inches and 20 pounds.

Seen a lot of names thrown around in various sources but they all say panthers will be sellers. Of course Burns has the most but I have seen Icky, Moton, Brown, Chinn, Luvu, Sanders. TMJ of course. Oh yea had Horn.
This post was last modified: 10-25-2023, 06:59 PM by Firstchance.
Firstchance

10-25-2023, 09:41 PM -
I just realized, I hope we stay healthy. This is our last bye week until the wildcard playoff round.